AFS fault or feature

Hi! New here and writing from the cold Finland.

Small but irritating problem with my Superb's AFS. Or is it?

When I turn left, both headlights will turn as meanted but after the turn the left light stays quite a long time pointed to the left.

It takes about 100-150 meters to zero in straight again. In my opinion the right side light doesn't stay that long pointed outwards when turning right.

Is this a fault or feature?

Can it be fixed via VCDS? No errors found...

Hi there and welcome aboard :)

The lights (if fitted with the 'around corner' function') do do that but I have never really noticed one or other lingering in position after a turn on mine. I need to check things out again and see.....from memory they should readjust to the straight ahead position after a few metres.

Dave

In my 2014 FL this is 100% normal. Its city lights. Lower the left headlight and turn it left. From 10 to 50 km/h. Check owners manual.

Every light mode is described there. :)

U can uncheck a bit in VCDS yes. In 55 headlight range. Citylight.

This does happen in low speed. So this is a bought feature... :)

Is it possible to adjust the turning back faster via VCDS?

Don't have one yet but I did notice some numbers for the AFS-turn when I scanned the car with a Bosch tester and did the basic settings for the headlights but it did not let me change the values.

Or maybe I just stop using "AUTO".

Did some research this morning. As the speed goes over 50km/h the left headlight will align straight. The effect seems more efficient on the left side (as we have a right hand trafic). Does the right headlight do the same?

Thanks guys!

Did some research this morning. As the speed goes over 50km/h the left headlight will align straight. The effect seems more efficient on the left side (as we have a right hand trafic). Does the right headlight do the same?

Thanks guys!

The left light can help you see people at lower speeds.

In our 2014 L&K the headlights do not linger at all. The headlights follow the steering with no lag at all - in fact if I wiggle the steering wheel, the headlights do a similar dance. Ours also has the cornering light feature where the "inside" foglight is illuminated at very low speeds whilst cornering. This too faithfully follows the steering, it's possible to get the car to alternately wink the front fogs.