Kickdown RPM & Creaking doors

NiranjanV

Hello,

My wife was driving my new Rapid TDi DSG when she stomped the throttle accidentally. The RPM shot up to 4.5 K. Will this harm the engine? It's just 1000 km old. I've also started noticing Creaking doors...is it normal?

Welcome.

I'm sure the engine will be fine - it's already  had 1000 km to run in and modern engines are much more tolerant .

The Euro Rapid is a bit creaky and rattles as well - it is built down to a fairly low price point for the market here.

But some lubrication of the creaky parts should stop it happening.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

My wife was driving my new Rapid TDi DSG when she stomped the throttle accidentally. The RPM shot up to 4.5 K. Will this harm the engine? It's just 1000 km old. I've also started noticing Creaking doors...is it normal?

My doors used to creak on my white rapid... if its under warranty take it to the dealer and they will apply some lubrication to the door seals. Apparently its temperature dependant?

• 1 year later...

Thanks guys! Sorry to the long absence and a very late response to your suggestions.

The Rapid is now 10K KM old and is doing just fine. The creaky doors are due to the lining rubbing against the metal frame. It was partially solved by lubricating the rubber lining. However, the issue creeps up when the lube dries out. I've noticed that the door creaking is mysteriously absent when it rains. Perhaps due to the rain water acting as a lube..not sure though!

I've now bought some lube from Amazon (pfgummi some thing or other)... I run an bit round the seals as part of my quarterly cleaning routeen.