Interior Lights & Passenger Window

Not long had the car - so just finding out all the little niggles!

1) No interior lights seem to work, when the doors are opened or not. No lights in the boot? Opening the glove box and sliding the interior lights to a certain position shows the open boot light on the dash.

Fuse perhaps? Is this common?

2) Passenger side window won't go down on the switch, but will go up.. drivers side controls no problem.

Faulty switch?

Cheers guys!

For the interior lights, check fuse number four (10 amp). And I presume you've checked the bulbs?

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/294383-the-mki-fabia-fuse-layout-post-updated-with-bulb-types/

The fuse box is behind the plastic cover on the driver's end of the dashboard. The are slots to prise it open.

009778666.png

A faulty convenience module, broken wires in the rubber bellows between body and doors, or faulty door microswitches in the door lock units can also cause this, but check the simple stuff first.

Swapped out the fuses, still no joy.

When the interior light is on the 'open door' setting; the dash shows the boot open symbol.

It also shows the boot open symbol when the glove box is opened - I presume that's not normal?

Swapped out the fuses, still no joy.

When the interior light is on the 'open door' setting; the dash shows the boot open symbol.

It also shows the boot open symbol when the glove box is opened - I presume that's not normal?

Definitely not normal, something is nlt quite right with your wiring or conv module

Think the previous owner or the auctioneer has tried to have a go as the lining of the boot surrounding the light fixing was still loose.

Past the fuses - I wouldn't want to attempt anything else; so to the Indy I go :-)

She's booked into have the cambelt changed at VW next Saturday.. I'm pretty sure there's a small boost leak somewhere - there just seems more noise than when I first purchased the car.. she's not smoking at all - and I can't notice any power loss; is it something VW can check when there replacing the Belt and pump?

As again - I wouldn't have a clue :-)

Annoying driver's window as well here. Here are the steps of reproducing the issue:

I. The window all the way up, trying to lower it.

1. pushing the button does nothing (no sounds coming from the door, clicks or motor strugling, nothing).

2. after keeping it pushed for a while it eventually goes down, but not always. Sometimes it lowers just a little bit.

It gets better if the engine is restarted.

II. The window is lowered (no matter how much).

1. I'm trying to lower it even more - it does nothing

2. I'm pulling the switch to get it all the way up (comfort function), works perfectly

3. while the window is lifting, I push the button to stop it. Works perfectly each and every time.

4. I want to lower it again / even more, does nothing, I need to restart the engine.

My question is..if it would be a faulty switch (on pressing/lowering function), why does it work and stops the window when it's going up and then it refuses to work?

Annoying driver's window as well here. Here are the steps of reproducing the issue:

I. The window all the way up, trying to lower it.

1. pushing the button does nothing (no sounds coming from the door, clicks or motor strugling, nothing).

2. after keeping it pushed for a while it eventually goes down, but not always. Sometimes it lowers just a little bit.

It gets better if the engine is restarted.

II. The window is lowered (no matter how much).

1. I'm trying to lower it even more - it does nothing

2. I'm pulling the switch to get it all the way up (comfort function), works perfectly

3. while the window is lifting, I push the button to stop it. Works perfectly each and every time.

4. I want to lower it again / even more, does nothing, I need to restart the engine.

My question is..if it would be a faulty switch (on pressing/lowering function), why does it work and stops the window when it's going up and then it refuses to work?

Had it in mine years ago and was the switch.the switch is based on microswitches and contact surfaces to complete circuits which become very fussy with age and water ingress. Just replace the switch with a NEW one.