new to yeti

donnylad

Well fianally said goodbye to the old superb and now proud owner of a 110 2wd. enjoying the experience so far.

Just wondered if any one has experience of fuel and temp guage neeles nopt being illuminated?

rest of display is fine. Didn't honestly notice till drove at night.

Thanks

Looked in the daytime, speedo and rev counter needles illuminated, temp amd fuel not.  at night, all backlighting lit up and dimmable with lights on, but temp and fuel needles still not lit.  Any Ideas? The speedo and revs were lit up.  Wherabouts is the internal sensor you refer to Llanigraham?

What do you mean " temp and fuel needles "? the needles don't light, so maybe you have an instrument bulb gone.

I'm confused as well.

The sensor is in the rev counter; it is very small.

If you are driving at night and accidentally select Sidelights the Speedo and Rev counter dim.  I like that as it immediately alerts you that you have been a numptie and need to put on full headlights.  Just wish I still had the Auto setting I had on my old Golf - Kinda got use to that :)

Thanks to all your replies, I have only just bought the car a Skoda approved used. Took it to nearest dealer who were very good about it checked it out and prescribed a new instrument cluster, as the dial behind light up, its the needles that don't. 

SUK however say that the supplying dealer need to replace at their expense as it was a pre-existing issue that had not been picked up so am in the throws of sorting that out with the suppliers.   when this is all clarified will reveal the name of the dealers involved. semi GRRR but I didn't notice till driving in the dark. Fuel isn't too much of a problem as the dong and yellow pump come on with 100miles left, but an overheat at night would not be good!

I don't know whether this car would have the light sensor as it does not have Auto on the light switch( as my loan octy with 160miles on the clock did)

The dealer that looked at car said that the needles have surface mounted LEDs on them. If you start up at night without lights on the needles will(or should ) illuminate, the scales light when you turn the light switch to side or dipped/main. 

It's funny, I've never been on another car forum where people are so concerned about winter tyres (except maybe BMW for obvious reasons) yet it's the first 4x4 car I've looked at, you'd think that would mean less concern about that kind of thing!

It's funny, I've never been on another car forum where people are so concerned about winter tyres (except maybe BMW for obvious reasons) yet it's the first 4x4 car I've looked at, you'd think that would mean less concern about that kind of thing!

It's funny how topics can switch from tyres to instrument panel lights.

• 3 weeks later...

Had the car back a week now with new instrument cluster that had to be made by manufacturer and coded to the VIN and that took a week.  Ah well doubled the miles on the courtesy fabia gratis, as the dealer never called to say they were bringing mine back.  Thankfully  full tab picked up by the dealer. ludicrous that a small failure of 2 LEDs costs a grand or so.  What was wrong with bulbs?

The winter tyre threads will keep you entertained for ages!

What about the Michelin Cross Climate Tyre thread(s) in the Yeti, Octavia III and Tyres sections?