Actual Adblue usage

Obscuredavid

I'd have to do some more investigation to find out exactly when (no date on B pillar sticker) it was built but my car came from stock already in the country and was PDI'd on 21 July 2015 so am assuming built around May/June?

Does it definitely have an AdBlue filler in the boot?

That date is right on the changeover point for introducing AdBlue.

If you download the Skoda Service app on your phone it gives the exact day of manufacture as soon as you enter the VIN..

Does it definitely have an AdBlue filler in the boot?

That date is right on the changeover point for introducing AdBlue.

If you download the Skoda Service app on your phone it gives the exact day of manufacture as soon as you enter the VIN..

Urrell, I can't believe you're asking me that! :D

I don't have a Smartphone so I'll use my wife's tomorrow.

Cheers.

Edited by VAGCF
  • Like 1

I would have looked a right chump if I hadn't got it after all the questions I've asked/comments made. Then again! :D

But fair question though. Even though the sales guy had me choosing the model/spec. from the latest brochure as the car was already built it could have been within the realms of possibility that it could have slipped in before the 2016 MY cars. But being an SE L rather than an Elegance would make this less likely - though the sales guy didn't know the side strips had been dropped from the city/urban/indoor model.

My estimate for the build date was pretty much spot on as it's showing as 28 May 2015.

It does have Adblue as I've seen the filler a couple of times when in the boot.

I got mine at the start of July, no countdown in Maxidot.

I can't find the thread that mentions it, but it's strange that as Adblue has only just been introduced on Yetis (any other Skodas previously?) that one poster said he had got the option in Maxidot (box under Speed) but the other hadn't?

Could understand it if there was another model upgrade i.e. beyond 2016 MY and it was dropped then, but mine must be one of the first 2016 MY cars and so would expect to have it. I know manufacturers tweak the specs. as they go along but just seems strange to do this one if it is true?

I can't find the thread that mentions it, but it's strange that as Adblue has only just been introduced on Yetis (any other Skodas previously?) that one poster said he had got the option in Maxidot (box under Speed) but the other hadn't?

Could understand it if there was another model upgrade i.e. beyond 2016 MY and it was dropped then, but mine must be one of the first 2016 MY cars and so would expect to have it. I know manufacturers tweak the specs. as they go along but just seems strange to do this one if it is true?

Mine is a very earlier MY16 and does not have Adblue mentioned anywhere in the Maxidot options.

I've had another search - I don't think I was dreaming :D  it because I went and checked mine (last weekend) when I read it! Still can't find the postings though.

What PS is yours leaky? Other posts giving the usage are 150PS and mine is 110 so would expect to go further on a tankful, but I'm getting a little nervous now!

Edited by VAGCF

I've had another search - I don't think I was dreaming :D  it because I went and checked mine (last weekend) when I read it! Still can't find the postings though.

What PS is yours leaky? Other posts giving the usage are 150PS and mine is 110 so would expect to go further on a tankful, but I'm getting a little nervous now!

Mine is the 110ps

Thanks. What mileage did yours first come on?

I take it reasonably easy, well normal driving really, with some good 20 mile runs to work.

Just been having a look at the handbook and it definitely appears to me that the Adblue mileage left should be displaying, even before the warning is displayed.

Will have another play!

Thanks. What mileage did yours first come on?

I take it reasonably easy, well normal driving really, with some good 20 mile runs to work.

Just been having a look at the handbook and it definitely appears to me that the Adblue mileage left should be displaying, even before the warning is displayed.

Will have another play!

IIRC between 5000 & 5300

Done a calculation using the figures in the handbook and a full tank should give between 4401 and 6602 miles.

So allowing for the 1500 miles left at the warning and taking the best case would indicate that the warning should display at around 5100 which sits nicely with your figure leaky.

But I'm now a little over 6000, gulp!!

As regards the display I think this is badly written in the handbook.

Early on (Page 44 in mine, Multifunction Display) it says: Adblue range, The detail provides information about the distance in km, that can be travelled with the Adblue capacity and with the same driving style. No mention of once the warning comes on.

This is listed in the list of other data e.g. Range, Distance travelled etc. and so I'd expect to see it in the MFD - no different to fuel range.

But later on (Page 165, Adblue Tank and level check) it says: The distance, which can still be driven with the remaining Adblue, can be determined from the MFD. Which implies, but is far from clear, that this is only displayed once the low-level warning has activated.

I think this is very poor given the implications of the Adblue running out. Running out of fuel (which has the same result) has three indications; fuel gauge, range and warning light! Adblue has one, the warning, and if this is faulty could leave you stranded!

I'm loathe to refill too early as I want to see if the warning activates but I don't fancy the alternative either!

Edited by VAGCF

Just gave the dealer a ring to see if they'd had any cars in with faulty warnings/sensors.

Once I got past laughing at someone who told me the 2WD Yetis don't have Adblue (obviously getting confused with other models!) had a good chat with one of the service guys.

Had no problems so far and he says the systems do a self-check when the ignition is turned on and if the sensor was faulty a warning light would come on. Whilst I understand and had therefore used the higher mileage figure he did say that it depends on driving style and they had cars coming in for refills with widely differing mileages.

He also said I had Skoda Assist to help me out if it didn't start!

Must get over to Halfords!

Mine is a very earlier MY16 and does not have Adblue mentioned anywhere in the Maxidot options.

It will only show when you're below the trigger point until you refill.

its Pig wee from farms

get it mapped out

AFAIU you cannot map out the latest adblue equipped vehicles.

Early ones it generated engine management errors similar to disabling start/stop.

its Pig wee from farms

get it mapped out

Where did you get that idea from?

""AdBlue is produced from a high purity urea solution. Urea is produced by the synthesis of ammonia and CO2 (carbon dioxide). Technical urea is found in such products as shampoos, cosmetics and glues. Urea used in AdBlue is of a different quality grade then that used for fertilizers.""

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can relax now!

Started the car this morning and the display came on - mileage at 6325.

Still wonder why the display isn't always available in the Maxidot rather than for the last 1500 miles? 

Redex Adblue with the filler cap in asda £6  5lts

I've just gone 12 miles out of my way to my nearest Asda and it was £7.50 for a 1,5 litre bottle.

I'll try my local BP garage tomorrow. :dull:........

Edited by bilun777