Brembo GT 4-pot brakes upgrade - fits Fabia 1 vrs, Octy 1 vrs ** £200 ** - Sold

Xavier

Having finally changed and fitted the D2 brake set, my old Brembo kit is up for sale.

It will bolt straight on to a Fabia 1 VRS, Octy 1 VRS. Discs are 323x28 mm diameter with usual 5x100 holes.

Included are part-used discs, calipers, carriers, brake pads and braided hoses. You can bolt them on and they will work out of the box with no additional expense (just bleed the brakes).

The brakes are in perfect working order. If you wanted, you could strip them down and repaint them as they're still on the original paint job. There is some superficial rust around the hub mounting points on the carriers.

Also included:

- A set of high tensile special thin pitch mounting bolts which bolt the caliper onto the Brembo carrier. These can be hard to source. The ones currently on are fine, but if you want to change for new ones, I might have some. Need to check.

- A brand new set of seals. These cost around £50-100 on their own and I bought them with the intention of rebuilding the brakes but in the end decided to change for the D2 setup.

So with new lick of paint and seals in the sale, you can have a "brand new" set of 4-pot caliper brakes which are of course quite a step up from the 312mm upgrade you can get.

I'm not in a massive hurry to get rid of these. I know Jason sold his pair a long time ago and there was a bit of the usual vulture culture (tm!) with people asking for them... One benefit with these brakes (if you like your track days), changing the pads is a doddle with no need to remove the caliper from the hub: just hammer the two retaining pins through with a point and old pads slide out the front. 5min job per side :)

Calipers with pads:

i-ZV4k6kp-L.jpg

i-JP6rG8M-L.jpg

i-KjpJ87W-L.jpg

Discs:

i-w6GqcMr-L.jpg

Set of seals (for one caliper - there's a second set for the other caliper):

i-PpG5Pvj-L.jpg

They sell around £1200 new - Larkspeed, Euro Performance Parts, Bigbrakes4u

August 2019 update: £200 for an absolute bargain :)

Due to weight, I'd far prefer collection or meeting up. I'm in Reading.

Edited by Xavier

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just to add, these are a major step up from the 312mm setup.

They will need at least 17" wheels to fit, and depending on spoke clearance a minimum of 5mm (Spiders).

These are the Brembo GT junior (aftermarket) version of the LCR brembos, the difference being that these do not have the external crossflow pipe (one less thing to worry about rusting away causing leaks), but pads and disks are exactly the same.

Had mine fitted for around 6 months (if not more) now and have to say they are fantastic!

GLWS!

• Like 1

Not for me but asking are the carriers included?

Yes.

Calipers bolt onto the carriers and are still attached. Carriers bolt onto standard wheel hub mounting. It's a straight bolt-on job and everything is included :)

I've edited the first post - thanks for pointing it out :)

Edited by Xavier

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'll have a look and see if I can get the necessary vrs gear to swap my daughters pd100 elegance hubs over so these will fit.  Was going to upgrade to 312mm at some point, so might as well get a better upgrade.  If she gets her licence back (medical reasons, she wasn't naughty :) ), she is going for her race licence and going to use he car on track days, so better bigger is better and all that.

24 minutes ago, Jaspire said:

I'll have a look and see if I can get the necessary vrs gear to swap my daughters pd100 elegance hubs over so these will fit. 

I’m breaking a mk2 Fabia vRS 😉

Edited by LGM
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, LGM said:

I’m breaking a mk2 Fabia vRS 😉

Have just stuck a post on your sale ad

3 hours ago, Jaspire said:

I'll have a look and see if I can get the necessary vrs gear to swap my daughters pd100 elegance hubs over so these will fit.  Was going to upgrade to 312mm at some point, so might as well get a better upgrade.  If she gets her licence back (medical reasons, she wasn't naughty :) ), she is going for her race licence and going to use he car on track days, so better bigger is better and all that.

As we all know, the 312mm setup is quite an improvement on the standard 288mm. But I distinctly remember the further improvement the larger 323 discs provided. Not only more stopping power, but less brake fade when doing track days. :)

Edited by Xavier