Quickie about park assist......

BigD30

....do you have to enable an option in maxidot?

reason i ask, i cant get it to work, the button by the gearstick ISN'T illuminated and nothing happens when i press it?

Had a look in the manual which says...switch on display of park assist in the information display, then press the button?

scanned with VCDS and no fault codes present?

Thanks in advance

Big D

It should work once your driving below a certain speed (20 ish km/h maybe). It's turned on with the button by the gear stick and then you get instructions on the maxidot showing you what to do. I don't think it can be disabled or adjusted in the maxidot menus.

As you approach a space at a slow speed you press the park assist button (The one with the 'P' & little steering wheel on it).... and the maxidot should show a diagram saying if the spaces you are slowly driving past are big enough to get into. If you want to check for a space on the drivers side of the car you need to put the right indicator on and then press the park assist button for the same results.

Once the car has found a space you then follow the instructions on the maxidot.

I can't remember if the park assist button lights up when in use anyway.....  I know the parking sensor button lights up when pressed (The one with the 'P' and the three bars and a triangle on it).

I've attached a couple of images.... One of the two buttons (Park assist & Parking sensors) and another showing an example of what the maxidot shows when you have found a space it can get the car into.....

post-9093-0-59839500-1446669254_thumb.jpg

post-9093-0-14665000-1446669267_thumb.jpg

I can't remember if the park assist button lights up when in use anyway..... I know the parking sensor button lights up when pressed (The one with the 'P' and the three bars and a triangle on)

Yes, I does light-up...

ok, cheers guys, somethings obviously wrong then, like i said, i get ntothing what so ever at any speed....a trip to the stealers perhaps?

Could be yeah.... I've heard of issues where it says you are going too fast even at slow speeds and times where it'll work even when travelling on a motorway but not where it does nothing at all. Could even be something as simple as a dodgy button?

No one has thought to mention you must be indicating to the direction that you wish to park, however that does not stop the button from illuminating.

I think that park assist has its own fuse?

I thought it worked by default on the passenger side without the indicator being on.

• Like 1

Yes. It can get u out. Push button when paralell parked and turn on turnlight :)

Are you sure that's available in SII? Not that I'm aware of.....I know it's available in Oct III & SIII.

As far as I know, there are only 2 modes in SII FL - parallel & reversing into bay. Correct me if I'm wrong!

My s2 fl helps me out of paralell. I can make a video tomorrow. Hehe :-)

That's interesting! Unless it's not available here in the UK. I've used both parallel and reversing into bay but I'm pretty sure we don't have getting out of bay mode. Does it take you out of parallel or perpendicular bay btw?

ok, tried pushing button while in measuring values of VCDS it stays as 'non op' so hopefully my problem may just be a dodgy switch, anyone any ideas ow to get it out? thought i may have been able to take gear shift gaitor off and push from under neath but doesnt seem to want to pull off as in the octy? any ideas?

thanks.....