DCC and drive mode.

Can anyone with an sel confirm that you still have the drive mode selection, comfort ,sport etc on the touch screen and what it does. I know on the l and k it adjust chassis etc. I have tried finding it but nowhere does it explain it very well.

As woody says. SEL without DCC you can select Normal / Sport / Eco and a manual selection.

I thought it just alters the throttle response but would be interested to know if it does any thing to the steering.

In sport it holds the gear much longer and in Eco I believe it can coast !

• Like 1

The only thing that confused me was when I took a test drive, I drove a Octavia vrs with the petrol engine. This had a touch screen selection of sport, normal and something else I thnik. When I pressed sport the suspension went stiffer. You feel the difference on the cats eyes on the motorway. I have just found something on Skoda which says it adjusts throttle,steering and air conditioning of all things!!!!

The only thing that confused me was when I took a test drive, I drove a Octavia vrs with the petrol engine. This had a touch screen selection of sport, normal and something else I thnik. When I pressed sport the suspension went stiffer. You feel the difference on the cats eyes on the motorway. I have just found something on Skoda which says it adjusts throttle,steering and air conditioning of all things!!!!

The modeselection on the Octavia does not alter the suspension. Only the Superb has that option. So that must have been some kind placeboeffect.

On the Octy the mode selection adjusts throttle response, steering, gearing (if Dsg), effectiveness of aircon, swivelspeed on AFS lights and the fake eniginesoundthingie on the vrs.