Fallout 4

Discoda

One of my mates is playing it now, changed his VPN  to Australia. I'll wait until it is actually released in this country, The Walking Dead needs watching first anyway.

I don't know. I saw the trailer; animated, and thought maybe... alot of things competing for attention right about now. 

That and the PS has been possessed by SWMBO for Witcher duty.

The correct response is actually "yes definitely", ;) can't begrudge her playing the Witcher though, awesome games and excellent books too.

Yep mine is preloaded all ready to play :) I'm off til Thursday as well.

Awesome, my annual leave just happened to fall(out) on this week, coincidence? Nope B) 

• Like 1

Can't wait for this and also never played any of the previous.

Also on the 12th the XB1 is due an update from Microsoft which after it will then be backwards compatible:)

I bet you all knew that anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

This will be one of longest nightshifts ever. Fallout 4 is downloaded and waiting for me at home.

But after this night Ive got a week off from work. Boston here I come!

• Like 2

This will be one of longest nightshifts ever. Fallout 4 is downloaded and waiting for me at home.

But after this night Ive got a week off from work. Boston here I come!

Worth the wait, put a couple hours in and feel like I've barely scratched the surface, so good.

• Like 1

Preloaded it a few days ago on steam. Unfortunately I'm working 12hr shifts all week but I'm sure I can spare enough time in the eves to scratch the surface of it

Loved Fallout 3 which I had when it first came out and replayed it last year with the wife who loved all the side quests and working out what to say. Let's hope the soundtrack is as good too!

Edited by V6Jules

Mine wont play! keeps crashing on start up

Tried all sorts of "fixes" beta update, new GFX drivers, trying it in windowed mode, any level of settings just does not work!

What specs are you running? I had this problem yesterday after playing it for quite a few hours to find I had a game update.

So I got home and everything was dark! Bloody power cut.must have been everyone trying to play fallout ;-) . thankfully the power came back on after an hour and after waiting half an hour for steam to download a patch (already lol, good old Bethesda) and I've played until I got back to my house after leaving the vault. So far so good, seems to play nice and smooth even on ultra settings which I was a bit worried about. Looking forward to put another hour or so into it tonight. :-D

• Like 1

Have put some hours into this game now.

Not had any major clitches or any crash to desktop so far. Quite amazing for a Bethesda game :p

Its a good game, but I feel its lacking some of that good old Fallout wackiness. Its more of a shooter than the old ones. Plays more like FarCry...

What specs are you running? I had this problem yesterday after playing it for quite a few hours to find I had a game update.

Windows 7 x64

Nvidia GeForce GTX 280 (yea i know its old), driver version 9.18.13.4192 13/10/2015, I installed the 341.92.exe from Nvidia website

Intel I5 2500K @ 3.3 GHZ

8GB of RAM

Tried windowed mode, low settings, reinstalled the game, verified game, run in W7 compatibility, run Steam and F4 in admin mode, reinstalled gfx drivers with the latest download from the website, its just an install file which selects the latest ones for my PC (i think)

none of the "tricks" have worked

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't played any of the previous, but I'd say 4 has absolutely ZERO direction (coming from a new player).

I'm really getting into it now, and would definitely recommend it - but the first few hours were very much 'dropped in it with no direction, help or tutorials'. If you can cope with that then everything's good, but if not your thing then I'd maybe avoid it.

So far I still prefer Skyrim as a cohesive story/campaign, but Fallout definitely has some charm to it and I'm hoping it really opens out as I put more hours into it. Amazing considering after the first hour I was very much at the point of feeling 'I don't like this game, what a waste.'

• Administrators

I 'landed' and ran off. Only now have I come home to figure I'd missed a vast chunk of what maybe called help out.

I'm also not certain my skinny mom sniper and a bit handy with a spanner is going to work out. I keep getting mobbed. Then it's hard to get a good ranged attack in a building too. time to break out the tool box and make myself a bad ass shotgun.

SWMBO thinks all I do is move wall panels around,  so actually not very far at all :)