Skoda estelle

Skodapaddy

Good news it does have 2 springs per valve

I'm sure it's new as there's no carbon on the pistons they are nice and shiny with number 90 on?

I took the sump off and that also looks as new just some oil that it was built with I think

• Like 1

Excellent! So definitely the motor to go for then

I saw on that site you sent me he sells Pistons in a kit with the valve springs this will probably be the way forward?

Do you know what cam I should get?

I see that he does racing cams but mentions that there ideal for single carburettor

Thanks

T pistons with rings come as a set. They take 136 gudgeon pins and the 75.5mm fit standard liners. Make sure you specify that its a 136 from a Favorit/Felicia - he sells Fabia pistons which sit at a different height in the engine. You need to check the journal sizes on your cam, there is more than 1 cam size. Your standard valve springs will be fine up to 7000rpm so unless you're going mad with the cam you should be fine. Cam wise.....I don't know, it depends what you're after. Kent will cut your cam to 244 (sk6) profile which is a really good compromise between out and out top end and usable torque.

Please mention me when you contact Zdenek at Engitec and tell him I pointed you in his direction (my real name is Peter Garforth but keep that a secret....I wouldn't want to advertise it on the internet or anything :D )

Hi Ray

Yes it's a rally car! Or hopefully will be

I will try and keep everyone up to date with how the progress is going

I was thinking of getting the bottom of the car coated in a plastic resin bond which is super tuff

Save on punishment from the loose stages!!

Has anyone heard of this?

And in regards to the roll cage I have contacted a local scrutineer and am just waiting to hear back from him

Thanks

• Like 1

image_zpshpyjoqqj.jpg

The red cylinder head would suggest to me that that is an original Sport engine. Did it come with any manifolds? I note that it still uses the mechanical fuel pump - the Sports had blanking plates and ran electric fuel pumps instead. 

I have a pair of new front wings in my greenhouse but  I was planning on keeping hold of them for my Rapid. They're quite readily available in Czech however, although it is a case of getting them back to the UK. I wonder if there is enough demand for having some fibreglass wings made up? 

If you do happen to order anything from skopart.de then as a member of the Skoda Owners' Club GB you'll get a discount. Speaking of which, can I share the pics of your car over on the Facebook page as I'm sure it'll garner a lot of interest? 

Also, do you have the registration of the car? I reckon we should be able to trace some history of the car; especially if it is ex-demo or ex-trophy. 

Edited by skodanorman

I've already shared a picture of the engine.......might as well got for the whole car now! Rob......read more carefully.....2/10 for attention :D . It's only a replica.

Skodapaddy (that can't be your real name!) - the general opinion is it's an early Favorit engine.....assuming there aren't any letters missing after the numbers that can't be seen.

Yes unfortunately it is. Replica

If you would like to post pictures that's fine

I'm not a user of Facebook however my wife is going to show me what to do

It looks a great (ideal) site for me as there is a lot of other fans there that could be a great help

The idea of fireberglass wings panels ect reminds me of an old friend that makes panels for cars once a mould is made

If there is interest for perhaps bird baths wings or doors I can send him my parts to make a mould then they could be readily available!

I own moulds for and can get you a fibreglass bonnet made but you would need to collect from Cumbria - it will save you between 10 and 15kgs depending on how brave you are with the thickness.....I am also about to have moulds made for a mk1 bootlid....which is basically a plain flat one that you can then do what you want with....hoping to save another 5kgs+. If you post up on Facebook someone will probably have a birdbath you can buy.....they are hefty things, but if you are stage rallying then they may be useful.....I don't really need the extra cooling and would rather go faster!

Doors would be very difficult to have made in fibreglass.....the moulds would have to be insanely intricate and the doors would probably still need re-enforcing. I can point you in the direction of a company that do plastic window kits.

Not sure how you think you'd obliterate a fibreglass bonnet or boot lid?!?! Are you planning on having a massive accident!? The bonnets are 3d and very strong. I will see if I can dig out the window kit emails.....just wracking my brains for the name of the firm I talked to. The problem with the Estelle is it's a heavy car for the engine power.....currently mine still weighs over 800kgs and that's with things like a plastic bonnet. I have to retain the glass for my class in speed events.....but you have one hell of a cage there that's going to weigh a bit too. If you're adding things like a birdbath (which for stage rallying would be useful I think) then you're going to have a fairly hefty beast there when you line it up next to a Peugeot 205 or a Mini

Yes unfortunately it is. Replica

If you would like to post pictures that's fine

I'm not a user of Facebook however my wife is going to show me what to do

It looks a great (ideal) site for me as there is a lot of other fans there that could be a great help

The idea of fireberglass wings panels ect reminds me of an old friend that makes panels for cars once a mould is made

If there is interest for perhaps bird baths wings or doors I can send him my parts to make a mould then they could be readily available!

Thanks, I've posted them up. Fibreglass wings would be good just for the lack of rot.