build/delivery times?

aernala

Hi I've just ordered a New yeti 2l se from my local dealer. Upgrade offer including satnav metallic paint and light assist. Basically a se business spec for se price.ordered heated seats and windscreen as extras along with a spare wheel. Just been given a b uild date of first week December. Anyone predict delivery date? Also is light assist actually auto lights or something else because I'm not sure what it includes. dispite brochure and dealer info.

• Like 1

It's all relative. Try ordering a new Superb and see how long you have to wait.

I wonder if Skoda is not seen by so many as being involved in the current to-do.

• Like 1

Mine Was ordered on the 1st of December, built on 13th January and I took delivery on the 29th.

Light assistant is coming home, leaving home, tunnel light and daytime running lights.

As I said up there  mine was ordered end of Sept and it's still showing as build w/c 23/11/15 when I just called in to check.

Salesman told me a customer ordered a new Superb and was initially given a build date early December. He was going to ring him to tell him his build date had slipped to mid February!!

I placed the order for my Yeti on October 6th, having been advised that it would take 10-12 weeks for delivery. Last week, when I asked if there was any sign of a build week yet, I was told that it's provisionally week 5, 2016 :(

Edited by Citigopher

Guess I will just wait and see when delivery will be. Luckily enough I'm happy to wait but of course the sooner the better.

I would think anyone who shows an interest in skoda would know that they're part of VAG and therefore included in the current" situation"

I ordered my L&K1.4 at the beginning of October - have been told the build will be at the end of November and to anticipate delivery sometime in January. Actual date seems to be dependent on whether it arrives at Sheerness or another port (Immingham?) as to how quickly it will get to the dealer in Kent. 

I have never been looking forward to the arrival of a new car as much as this one. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yeti 1.4 L&K ordered on 31. October. Built on 7. December. Delivery estimated second week January.

That's a bit gutting (for me, anyway :rain: ). Ordered mine 6th October. Dealer emailed this week to say build date is week 52, but still unconfirmed.

Has anyone here had their 1.4 long enough to give their views on it?

Ordered a 1.4tsi to my spec on 29 Oct. was told to expect delivery 10-12 weeks, ie end Jan. Today I'm told it will be delivered to me next week, that's only 7 weeks! Great, hate waiting! Diesel fiasco hit sales maybe and cut the waiting list, who knows! Anybody want a 2002 Volvo v70 awd, south Devon?

Ordered a 1.4tsi to my spec on 29 Oct. was told to expect delivery 10-12 weeks, ie end Jan. Today I'm told it will be delivered to me next week, that's only 7 weeks! Great, hate waiting! Diesel fiasco hit sales maybe and cut the waiting list, who knows! Anybody want a 2002 Volvo v70 awd, south Devon?

I ordered my 1.4 L&K end of September and it was built w/c 23/11/15.

Told delivery will be early January.

You appear to have jumped the queue by a month.  :envy:

I ordered my 1.4 L&K end of September and it was built w/c 23/11/15.

Told delivery will be early January.

You appear to have jumped the queue by a month.  :envy:

Oops sorry! I wasn't gloating, I was just surprised ( and pleased) that it's arriving early, thought maybe it would cheer up those waiting, Don't understand why it has overtaken yours though, that's odd. Mind you... I haven't seen it yet. Maybe it's wishful dealer speak!

That is strange. Do you have any extra equipment to be fitted in? I have ordered original without extras in jungle green.

Yes - met. paint, fold flat front seat, rear mudflaps, heated washer jets and driver fatigue sensor. Judging by comments here, build dates seem a bit of a lottery. I do wonder whether some dealers are 'banking' PCH orders to use them to balance out monthly sales figures. Perhaps I'm just being a cynic.

I placed the order for my Yeti on October 6th, having been advised that it would take 10-12 weeks for delivery. Last week, when I asked if there was any sign of a build week yet, I was told that it's provisionally week 5, 2016 :(

That seems curious, we ordered a new Yeti 1.2 tsi on 3rd December (2 months later) and have also been told week 5 build, for delivery mid/late Feb for 1st Mar 2016 reg.