build/delivery times?

aernala

Ordered 1.4 L&K with quite a few options on 13th Feb. It was built last week and is en route to the UK. Dealer says I should be able to collect by 2nd week of April.

Queue jumper [emoji35]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How come yours arrived so quickly Skodanick?  I ordered mine in early January and it won't be built until week commencing 11th April.

I honestly don't know. When I ordered it the dealer said it would be up to 3 months delivery but in his experience it was often a bit less. I assumed it would be a first come first served arrangement, but that doesn't seem to be the case looking at some of the extended build times that others have. Do dealers get quicker build times with the more cars they order perhaps ?

Which options have you gone for?

Mine is a bit over the top with options but I love it.  :D

Rear mud flaps

Heated windscreen nozzles

Smart link

Rear parking cam

Fold flat passenger seat

Spare wheel

12 speaker sound system

I do like my toys ....

Grrrrrrr .... ordered my 1.4 L & K on March 2 and still no news on the build date ,,, options: tow bar, spare wheel and rear mud flaps ... latest news is that it could be August before I get delivery .... 

The 1.4 L&K definitely seems to be the model with the longest lead in time. I ordered a Candy White Outdoor 1.2 SE (probably the most common petrol model) last week and today was told build week 19, which is the first week of May. I hope it'll be ready to collect late May or early June.

Not much point cancelling now given the wait we have had for the delivery of our magnetic brown 1.4 petrol L & K but ordered December 15th 2015, build was pushed back last month to week 14 so at this rate might see it in time for summer holidays starting in July. A sad indictment of a world where no one cares about the customer - lesson learnt, next car will be a used one. At least this forum allows owners to let off steam and this should act as a source of good information for Skoda and the VW group to learn and listen to their customers but I doubt they bother ....

There is a flip side to these delivery times - supply and demand means that residual values will remain strong. Every week I wait is a few hundred more miles on the current Yeti and a bit more off its true value against the agreed dealer offer.

how long after placing an order did everyone first hear back?

Order signed in the dealers Jan 30th, first email from Skoda UK ("thank you") Feb 4th.

Further emails Feb 9th ("want to add anything?"), Feb 11th ("entering factory today") - although per the VIN, the production date was Feb 17th.

Collection date was March 14th, so a little under 6 weeks start to finish.

Order signed in the dealers Jan 30th, first email from Skoda UK ("thank you") Feb 4th.

Further emails Feb 9th ("want to add anything?"), Feb 11th ("entering factory today") - although per the VIN, the production date was Feb 17th.

Collection date was March 14th, so a little under 6 weeks start to finish.

I've had 4 weeks and no update, I emailed 2 weeks ago and had no build date confirmed.

a bit of communication would be good.

i think the 1.4 seems a popular engine accross the range - could be struggling

also - are they using that 1.4 by the new e-golf?

could be an issue also?

i think the 1.4 seems a popular engine accross the range - could be struggling

also - are they using that 1.4 by the new e-golf?

could be an issue also?

Unless they've suddenly changed the 1.4 engine that Skoda gets, unlike VW cars the Yeti is fitted with the previous engine without the ACT (Active Cylinder Technology) that cuts 2 cylinders when cruising on light load.

i didnt know they had different varients like that

i thought it be ECU that makes that change

learn something every day

So did I but a VW race tuning "expert" locally reckons the ACT engines have different cylinder head & valves - allegedly!

Just a 'different cylinder head and valves' is doing it a bit of a disservice:

A shame that it's not fitted to the Yeti. The thought of all that going on under the bonnet makes me come over all peculiar....

• Like 3

Hmmm.....   all the more to go wrong maybe?

Lets face it, they didn't do a particularly good job building the standard 1.8 Tsi engines that use too much oil, not the 1.2's with their cam chain problems!

Edited by speedsport

My dealer said he is expecting delivery of my 1.4 L&K next week, which would make it only 8 weeks from order on 13th Feb. I don't know why so many people seem to be getting longer turnarounds. It's as though they put the orders into a hat and pull them out one by one. It's very odd.

I don't know why so many people seem to be getting longer turnarounds. It's as though they put the orders into a hat and pull them out one by one. It's very odd.

You might be on to something there!

• Like 1

Popped into the dealer as I was passing. Car status is now 'build week' but now VIN assigned yet. Apparently the word 'week' should be taken with a pinch of salt, but he reckons it will be delivered and ready to collect during the first week in May.