build/delivery times?

aernala

before or after the pub lunch?    ; - ))

lomax in llani now?

just got the marlin regd here a la frog, next insurance, then local frogs look out!  whoopeeeeeee!1

Edited by Frenchtone

It seems to me that the one blocker in all this process is the 1.4 TSI engine.  Unless I'm mistaken.  :notme:

That certainly appears to be the issue. I guess that as that 1.4TSi is only used by Skoda (VW use the ACT version) they can't or won't ramp up production to account for the "unforeseen" extra demand (ie Skoda UK got its market research wrong!).

I would have thought diesel substitution was the biggest contributing factor.

And of course, the 1.8TSi is no longer available.

If they got their demand calculations that wrong, it's surprising they continued to offer the £750 finance contribution on 1.4s and didn't just offer it on 1.2s. I'm not complaining - by the time it arrives I will have waited 3 months for mine. Unlike most long lead time cars, I still have a cracking deal and will now have a car which should hold good residual values as the popularity of diesel continues to wane.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The PCH deals for the 1.4 TSi have been getting steadily less generous since late last year. They are updated/revised monthly, so can be tailored in response to supply/demand much more readily than the other discounts and finance offers, which (I think) are only reviewed quarterly.

Edited by Citigopher

My dealer has phoned this afternoon to tell me my new Yeti is "shipped". When i asked if that means it's on a train on the way to Emden port, he said no, it's in the process of being shipped from the port. But I can't see any car carriers (on marinetraffic) at Emden that appear to be destined for Immingham (which is where I assume it'll be landed), so maybe it just means the car has arrived at Emden and is waiting for a ship to arrive.

Will it get here before I go on holiday on 8th May, or will it be too late? The excitement grows!

Incidentally, if you've nothing better to do, have a look at a satellite view of Emden. What look like a series of warehouse roofs to the west of the port is in fact row upon row of cars awaiting export. There must be 8 - 10,000 vehicles there awaiting shipment. Incredible!

Edited by speedsport

Just had a look via Google Earth. Incredible sight. Presumably the German makers use it too, but whatever, that's a lot of cars.

And a lot in white was my first thought.

My second thought was "vinyl wrap"  :D

Here's the latest on my 1.4 Yeti L & K in silver, extras ordered were spare wheel, rear mud flaps and tow bar. 

Ordered on March 2nd 2016, told by the dealer last week that he has a build date of week 26, that's the end of June, plus possibly 3 weeks to get it built and over to the UK, so now we are looking at the end of July or beginning of August ... I've waited this long so another few weeks won't hurt .... hope to pick it up first week in September showing is new 66 plate. That's of course if it doesn't fall into the two week holiday factory shut down in August.

Skoda ... two can play at this game!

My dad is after a spare wheel for his new Yeti. Dealer said there is currently a long back order with them due to part shortages, they ordered one 6 weeks ago and it's only just arrived. So might explain the longer delays for those who have spec'd a spare wheel.

Possibly. All I know is we added the official space saver spare wheel option to our order, signed on 30/01/16, and we took delivery on 14/03. So only 6 weeks, start to finish.

Yippee, new 1.4Tsi arrives at dealer today, having been built week 15. Had phone call asking if they could register it this month to boost their sales figures for April. A full tank of fuel or similar value offered to compensate. Seems fair to me, handover on Tuesday 3rd May.  Cant wait!

Finally.  :clap:

Feels like such a long time ago you looked at mine.

Finally.  :clap:

Feels like such a long time ago you looked at mine.

Ages ago wasn't it Tony! And I saw yours after I'd placed the order too! (Nearly went for an ETY reg as you have but thought you'd think it was a step too far!)

Well done John.

Now you've got all weekend to strip all the "bits" out!

And of course Graham, you are absolutely correct... power supply, uprated bulbs, etc. I must be daft, I've even made myself a list to make sure i don't miss anything!

Blinking Bank Holiday means I'm not taking delivery until Tuesday as I don't want them to rush the PDI. It already feels as though this weekend is going to last for ever!

Edited by speedsport
  • Like 2

Have you ever checked how much extra weight you cart around in your car all the time? Having stripped out everything ready for Yeti No 1 to be part-ex'd tomorrow, I put everything in a large plastic crate. I nearly couldn't lift the thing, it was so heavy! And I thought there was nothing unnecessary in the car too!

Mind you there's plenty of things that I like to have with me "just in case"....... fire extinguisher, first aid kit, hi-viz vest(s), and of course various bits of motorsport stuff that I do use from time to time and if they weren't kept in the car I'd forget to take 'em to the next event!

Roll on 2pm tomorrow. Then I can start putting it all back in Yeti No 2 !

Only one box John??

Emptied mine last week and I've got 2 boxes full!! I will admit some is "The Bosses" but agreed.

Now having a sort-out as I have got to get a kit together for the Lomax as well, and that is going to have to include some tools as well.

So ordered the new L&K 150TDi 4x4 DSG on 22 April and just got a mail from the dealer about delivery/build. Currently they are unable to confirm either due to "an imminent model year update, that is being put into place". My dealer has said that overall this should not affect the delivery as it's quite normal for this to happen about now. Well I guess as there is an updated (April) catalogue that makes sense and from past posts on the subject of delivery it seems reasonable. Fingers crossed for the delivery date and at least it looks it will be a MY17.