build/delivery times?

aernala

Just off to the dealership... colour me excited!

It's a great feeling to take delivery of a new car that you have spent time and energy specifying and endless hours worrying about it, or maybe not with some folks. Wham Bham job done with so people I know but they never seem to be as happy with the purchase after a short while.

Anyway hope the car meets all your expectations, enjoy.

It's a great feeling to take delivery of a new car that you have spent time and energy specifying and endless hours worrying about it, or maybe not with some folks. Wham Bham job done with so people I know but they never seem to be as happy with the purchase after a short while.

Anyway hope the car meets all your expectations, enjoy.

Thanks ernieb. It's the first time I've taken the plunge on a brand new car, so I'm firmly in the former camp. Handover was smooth albeit rather brief because we had to pick our little lad up from school. He was made up to see a brand new Yeti waiting for him! Anyway, I've had a quick drive in the countryside this evening and I'm certainly not disappointed :) Here's a quick pic:

yeti.jpg

• Like 1

paperwork through from Simpsons, signed and emailed back,

going to post a copy recorded delivery too.

i am hoping for a call saying pick her up on monday but reckon it'll be wednesday.

6hrs on a train then the same to drive home,

I cannot wait!!

i at least have a reg number.

paperwork through from Simpsons, signed and emailed back,

going to post a copy recorded delivery too.

i am hoping for a call saying pick her up on monday but reckon it'll be wednesday.

6hrs on a train then the same to drive home,

I cannot wait!!

i at least have a reg number.

Did you order from stock?

If so how long before the paperwork arrived?

Lee

Did you order from stock?

If so how long before the paperwork arrived?

Lee

Lee,

Sadly no, i ordered the 29th of February, PCH through Simpsons skoda. so 15weeks of waiting

Final finance / rental agreement documentation.

My issue is that i'm in Aberdeen, so communication has been via email / phonecalls. I need to confirm a collection day, book train tickets and book a day off work at short notice.

all things I could do without.

• Like 1

Still waiting [emoji35] my new yeti has been sat at the dealer all PDId and ready to go for almost 2 weeks now !****! DVLA!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And out of frustration I spoke with the DVLA today - it seems the registration paperwork is 'lost in the post' between the dealer and the DVLA - they haven't even received it yet. Grrrrrrrrrr - this is getting tedious,

Sounds fishy to me. I filled out a new keeper form on Monday, picked the car up on Wednesday and found the V5 waiting for me when I got home from work today. Do the dealers even do it by post anymore?

Now all the DVLA centres are closed nearly everything can be done online and even more can done at certain post offices.

I'm surprised a dealer has to use the post.

Lee

Now all the DVLA centres are closed nearly everything can be done online and even more can done at certain post offices.

I'm surprised a dealer has to use the post.

Lee

Apparently it had to be done by post because they were transferring my cherished plate from my current car to my new one. I appreciate I could have put the plate on retention then transferred it to the new car after delivery myself, but that would have cost me an extra £100. A £25 admin fee for each change with Skoda Finance and Admiral insurance.

I've put my plate on retention and when the new car arrives I'll just give the dealer the certificate to process, signed off etc., and take delivery with my old plates. £80 just for the retention, total cost as this includes the transfer fee.

after a weekend of drunken tomfoolery, I am finally off to Preston on Wednesday for my yeti.

6 1/2 hours on a train, 3miles in a taxi and it'll be mne

2 days of work need to fly quicker.

Let us know how you get on, will be going to pick our two up in a week or two.

Lee

So I'm getting regular updates on my forecast build week but as yet have not had a date re scheduled.

The current information is that the build schedule is held due to a 'coolant option for the AC unit'. The dealer has checked a number of other unscheduled orders and all have the same comment. SUK are suggesting that a build week might be confirmed this week and for the dealer to keep checking.

Anyone heard of this 'option' coolant for AC?

My only thought is that this build and others are now part of the MY17 build and may have a different AC unit or change in coolant capacity?

Apparently it had to be done by post because they were transferring my cherished plate from my current car to my new one. I appreciate I could have put the plate on retention then transferred it to the new car after delivery myself, but that would have cost me an extra £100. A £25 admin fee for each change with Skoda Finance and Admiral insurance.

Well - I've finally got it [emoji322][emoji324]In the end I put my cherished plate on retention and the dealer registered it on a 16 plate. I'll put my plate on when the retention certificate comes through. I must say - very happy with it. Missing the towing eye in the boot, but all seems good. 700 mile round trip this weekend should her her just about run in.

• Like 2

So an update today, still no confirmed date but an expectation that it will be a date on WK 38!! However, I've been assured that this will change and most likely be WK 31, back where we started. So it will be a September pick up and a 17 plate. As we want this car to see us through to the release of the Yeti II the 17 plate is probably worth waiting for in terms of PX or selling.

Doh! you are quite correct, 66 plate not 17. Getting manufacturing years and plate numbers mixed. Mind you the Skoda are playing with the build dates it could be a 17 plate! Thanks for the correction.

• Like 1

Picked up the new Dad Wagon yesterday,

6hours on a train followed by 6hours drive home (15minute break in hamilton)

first impressions are good. well put together, the 1.4TSI engine is very smooth and quite poky. it felt very well planted well into 3 figures.

seats are comfy, stereo is excellent ( the dulcet tones of Chuck D and Public Enemy are spot on)

Simpsons SKoda and Tom Whittle in particular were excellent, great service and no messing around. i was in and out in about 30mins.

fuel economy in the mid-30s at sensible speed, mid 20s at not-so-sensible speed. and most importantly, the kids love it.

• Like 3

Had an email from Matt at Simpsons today and our two are in the UK just waiting for transport and PDI. Hopefully shouldn't be more than a week or two.

Lee

Edited by logiclee
  • Like 2