build/delivery times?

aernala

Just had a call for Skoda UK, after I sent an e-mail in frustration about the unconfirmed build date, and they still can not confirm a date.

The guy said he'd get back next week when the factory we're back from the summer shutdown, so you were correct SurreyJohn (that would be week 30).

Latest update from dealer, week 32 build date confirmed, code status 20  :clap:

So a cautious maybe early September pick up.

Skoda UK did not get back to me after promising to do so, no surprises there I guess?

I have been given a provisional build week 38 which is 19-25 Sept so expecting delivery mid Oct

Ordered a 1.2 tsi DSG SE spec at end of June, so about 15-16 weeks, bit higher than estimated 12-14 weeks

Edited by SurreyJohn

• 3 weeks later...

Had the dealership on the phone yesterday, the Yeti was indeed built in week 32 (started at 32 ... went to 38, then crept back to 32) and is now en-route, est. Week 1 or 2 September.

So ordered week 22, built week 32, delivery week 35/36 ..... not that bad ...... now the wait shall really start  :peek:

Just talked to the dealer and the car was built, transported and is in the UK. In addition they said that it had passed through the import processes and had been assigned to the dealer awaiting transport. Expected ETA some time next week.

Ordered a Yeti SE Outdoor 1.2 DSG with extras

Ordered: Week #23 (07/06/2016)

Provisional build date: Week #36 (05 Sept onward >) expected to move forward - "slightly" - "maybe a week, not more than two"

Expected at dealership mid September - 1st of October registration?

Not too bad. Had to wait 19 weeks last time [2010] but delivery to dealer was super quick! It was confirmed built early on a Friday afternoon and arrived at dealers the next Monday morning. Three days from actual build, to dealership - Must have been some sort of record!....................Tony

Ordered my Yeti SEL Outdoor 1.2 DSG with optional extras on 20th May, told the dealer I wanted it for September, he informed me that would probably be just about right. In mid July they informed me car was in country and I could have it sooner, I told them that September 1st would be fine as it would be on 66 plate, they are holding it for me till then, went in today and it's arrived at their compound and I have picked a reg number. Roll on 10 am. 1st September !!!

Just talked to the dealer and the car was built, transported and is in the UK. In addition they said that it had passed through the import processes and had been assigned to the dealer awaiting transport. Expected ETA some time next week.

They must have been on the same boat.

Mine is also in the UK and the dealer has been given the VIN so they can register it.

Dealer said they go from status 1 to 7.

1 being on the dock, 7 means ready to be transported.

Mine is currently a 1.

Dealer reckons it should be with them ?end of next week

They must have been on the same boat.

Mine is also in the UK and the dealer has been given the VIN so they can register it.

Dealer said they go from status 1 to 7.

1 being on the dock, 7 means ready to be transported.

Mine is currently a 1.

Dealer reckons it should be with them ?end of next week

Agreed same boat. My dealer said the car had been all aged to the dealer and was awaiting transport. They also said that current dock to dealer deliveries had been quite fast so expected the car next week. So with luck I should be able to pick it up 1st September. I have a reserved number plate so will have to get the DVLA certificate over to them to sort out the registration. Always exciting I think to pick up a new car no matter how many time you've done it?

• Like 3

Had a little video clip from my dealer this morning of my new Yeti parked up at the dealership! Still wrapped up in whatever they wrap them up in, but nice to see it and to know it's arrived safely!

• Like 2

Agreed same boat. My dealer said the car had been all aged to the dealer and was awaiting transport. They also said that current dock to dealer deliveries had been quite fast so expected the car next week. So with luck I should be able to pick it up 1st September. I have a reserved number plate so will have to get the DVLA certificate over to them to sort out the registration. Always exciting I think to pick up a new car no matter how many time you've done it?

Well that's good news.

I also have my own plate, put it on retention a couple of weeks ago and the dealer has the certificate ready to go.

im going away for a couple of weeks from 3rd September so would really like to collect it before I go.

Well that's good news.

I also have my own plate, put it on retention a couple of weeks ago and the dealer has the certificate ready to go.

im going away for a couple of weeks from 3rd September so would really like to collect it before I go.

If it arrives this week that should work out OK I would think. It's also good to have the car a few days before a big trip to 'bed' the car in and get some initial miles under the belt. Hope it works out for you the delay for those of us who ordered April/ May means that delivery planning has all moved to the right unfortunately. Current order to delivery times look to have improved again.

Update, went over this afternoon to complete the DVLA forms and give the dealer my retention certificate and low and behold the car was there. Still under the plastic wraps and about to have the PDI so scheduled pick up 10am on Thursday 1st. This makes a 20 weeks from order to delivery. The dealer did say that some orders have recently been quoted into October have already been received!

Whey hey!

My dealer rang this morning.

My car is being delivered to them tomorrow.

We will be united on Wednesday

• Like 1

Whey hey!

My dealer rang this morning.

My car is being delivered to them tomorrow.

We will be united on Wednesday

You didnt really let the dealer register it as a 65 plate on the last day of August ?

You didnt really let the dealer register it as a 65 plate on the last day of August ?

Agreed, I could have had the car this week if I wanted but even though I've got my own Reg plate decided to wait for 1st Sept. My dealer did agree that it does make a difference to the PX down the line.

• Like 1

Not bothered, I have a personal plate.

It's a Motability car so it doesn't matter about trade in value either.

• Like 2

Here it is at last. ???? ????

8765ef06cf96d188e4ac877dc78c33e7.jpg

Very happy with the car, but not with the presentation of it.

They cleaned the car this morning before I arrived as there is a dusty building site next door.

Because of road layout they then had to drive it a mile or so round the block, to the forecourt.

In the process, water ran out of the mirrors, all along the doors, as it always does.

They didn't polish the water marks off.

There were also several places where the edge of the protective paint film had left residue, again not cleaned off properly.

A bit of a poor show really ????

That's it, off out to play with all the knobs and buttons. ????

• Like 2

Glad you got it pity about the presentation it does make a difference. The dealer, Tim, sent me a photo of mine sitting in the garage waiting for me to pick it up tomorrow, nice touch, proudly displaying our number plates.