build/delivery times?

aernala

My 1.2 TSI was built last week and was last seen on a train on its way to Belgium yesterday.

Have they changed the shipping ferry port from Emden Germany?

Have they changed the shipping ferry port from Emden Germany?

Apparently so. He originally told me it would go via Emden but yesterday said it was travelling by train from Germany to Belgium. I believe that VW have been using Zeebrugge since 2014 due to capacity issues at Emden.

Been told today that lead time for Yeti's ordered before Xmas is 16 to 18 weeks depending on model. 

Yes, I know the Yeti is a popular vehicle, but after being so incredibly popular for over 5 years, you'd think by now they would have increased production &/or allocated more cars to the UK to significantly reduce the wait. I wonder how many sales Skoda are losing to other manufacturers because of such long lead times?

I was nearly put off by the long lead times but really want a Yeti again. In the end I got a couple of dealers on the case looking out for cars coming through the system until one popped up the spec I wanted. If nothing came up I was going to go down the pre-reg/ex-demo but didn't have to in the end.

Got almost perfect spec. Dealer is fitting a spare wheel at the factory option cost and retro fitting wood dash trim. Only thing I had to forgoe was a beige interior but I only thought about that because my last Yeti had a black/grey interior and fancied a change. Black makes more sense...

• Like 1

Delivery update! Just received an e-mail from my dealer telling me that my new Yeti is at the docks in Emden ,Germany awaiting shipping.. Hopefully this means an early January delivery..

Santa an keep his presents. MY present is on its way.

Happy Christmas and a HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Been told today that lead time for Yeti's ordered before Xmas is 16 to 18 weeks depending on model. 

Yes, I know the Yeti is a popular vehicle, but after being so incredibly popular for over 5 years, you'd think by now they would have increased production &/or allocated more cars to the UK to significantly reduce the wait. I wonder how many sales Skoda are losing to other manufacturers because of such long lead times?

Perhaps there has been a rush of orders this side of Christmas with people wanting 1/3 16 registration plates.

In frustration you're supposed to buy a VW instead.

They don't want too much competition, I imagine.

Agreed, almost put me off ordering, but not quite. The quoted 10-12 weeks was tolerable, but in the end it has turned out to be 7 weeks, yeti being delivered tomorrow, so don't believe everything dealers tell you!

Can anyone explain to me how someone who ordered their can a month after me is getting their car now and I am still waiting with no sign of my car yet??

I'm not getting at Tanglewood (lucky bugger) but how can it happen?

It is a serious question and I was wondering if they do every option, model and colour on the same lines or blocks of colour, model and option?

Some cars come off production lines as unique........eg yellow Rolls with pink leather.

Your order has to fit into production schedules I'm thinking eg paint runs perhaps.

Dealers can usually tell you what's in stock also.

Edited by Ryeman

Can anyone explain to me how someone who ordered their can a month after me is getting their car now and I am still waiting with no sign of my car yet??

It is a serious question and I was wondering if they do every option, model and colour on the same lines or blocks of colour, model and option?

Ref colour: Google Yeti production line and you will find a YouTube video. Robots spray the vehicles and every car on the line can be a different colour.

Engine & trim options determine production schedules rather than colour.

eg the VW Group only now produce the 1.4 petrol engine for Skoda and the only UK Yeti that gets it is the L&K (though other markets may get it on other models) so if that engine is in short supply then orders for that combination are overtaken by other orders..

Edited by speedsport

Engine & trim options determine production schedules rather than colour.

eg the VW Group only now produce the 1.4 petrol engine for Skoda and the only UK Yeti that gets it is the L&K (though other markets may get it on other models) so if that engine is in short supply then orders for that combination are overtaken by other orders..

Surely that is incorrect, I hope? I have recently ordered an SEL with the 1.4Tsi DSG, no suggestion that I had to buy the L&K.

Surely that is incorrect, I hope? I have recently ordered an SEL with the 1.4Tsi DSG, no suggestion that I had to buy the L&K.

The 1.4 TSI is only available in L&K spec. Also the 1.4 TSI is not available with DSG.

Well not in the UK anyway.

Edited by Urrell
  • Like 1

SEL, in either version of the Yeti, is only available with a 1.2 petrol or 2 litre diesel.

Just checked on the website.

Same for me. Mine's supposed to be built next week, but even that hasn't been confirmed (by the dealer, at least). Ordered October 6th. However, a visit to the Superb Mk3 forum pages will tell you that short supply of some parts is causing nasty delays for some people's cars, whilst others are getting theirs ahead of schedule. I couldn't find any other VAG UK (let alone Skoda) car that uses the non-ACT 1.4 TSI, so perhaps there's something in the comments about that.

Luck of the draw.

Edited by Citigopher
  • Like 1

There is a lot of diferent versions for each country. In Denmark you can get the 1.2 and 1.4 with DSG but not in L&K version

When i was order my new Yeti and to delivery only 14 days, it was built the same day i order.

I wanted an SEL and DSG so my only option was the 1.2TSI. I would have gone 1.4TSI if it was available but it isn't. The 1.2 is a cracking little engine anyway so I'm quite happy.

No updates from my dealer since Monday so I guess it's waiting at the port now...

I wanted an SEL and DSG so my only option was the 1.2TSI. I would have gone 1.4TSI if it was available but it isn't. The 1.2 is a cracking little engine anyway so I'm quite happy.

No updates from my dealer since Monday so I guess it's waiting at the port now...

Apologies, it was the 1.2Tsi DSG, my bad  oops :blush:

• Like 1

Had a phone call from the dealer today - my 1.4L&K has arrived and I can collect it this week, before they close for Christmas.

I'm pleasantly surprised as I was not expecting her until the New Year - it was ordered on 7th October so that's about 12 weeks, as they told me, but I thought I'd be caught by a Christmas/New Year delay.

It's a lovely Christmas present and it'll make life a lot easier than using the MX-5 to cart all the festive goodies, visit relatives etc etc. 

Only three sleeps to go now :)

• Like 1