build/delivery times?

aernala

Lucky beggars! Still no sign of mine - not even a confirmed build date :'( . As I was told 10-12 weeks at time of order I had high hopes of getting it for Christmas, but don't think that will happen.

I expect full reviews of the 1.4 to keep my spirits up!

Edited by Citigopher

Cars ordered with specific options don't get built the same day or even week they are ordered. I ordered mine with certain options so that I could be 100% sure it had not been sitting for weeks/months or passed around the dealers.

Cars ordered with specific options don't get built the same day or even week they are ordered. I ordered mine with certain options so that I could be 100% sure it had not been sitting for weeks/months or passed around the dealers.

......let alone a couple of years!

Do those of you who are getting delivery for Xmas know which week your cars were built?

I had three separate emails from Skoda after I placed the order at the dealer and paid my deposit on 7th October:

- an initial order acknowledgement, which came on 15th October

- then"Your Yeti enters our factory today" email on 24th November

- and finally "Your Yeti is on its way to the UK" email on 15th December, though no date given for collection here.

Then I got the phone call from the dealer on 19th December saying it was going to be ready this week - I'm picking it up on 22/12.

So, overall very satisfied: good, timely communication from Skoda, good communication from the dealer and delivery ahead of when I was expecting it.

I've ordered the spare wheel, reversing camera and smart link on top of standard L&K spec

Only two sleeps to go now :)

Edited by Austerby
  • Like 2

I had three separate emails from Skoda after I placed the order at the dealer and paid my deposit on 7th October:

- an initial order acknowledgement, which came on 15th October

- then"Your Yeti enters our factory today" email on 24th November

- and finally "Your Yeti is on its way to the UK" email on 15th December, though no date given for collection here.

Then I got the phone call from the dealer on 19th December saying it was going to be ready this week - I'm picking it up on 22/12.

So, overall very satisfied: good, timely communication from Skoda, good communication from the dealer and delivery ahead of when I was expecting it.

I've ordered the spare wheel, reversing camera and smart link on top of standard L&K spec

Only two sleeps to go now :)

How did you manage to get email updates from Skoda?

My 1.4 L&K was ordered on 14th October (the only option is heated washer nozzles), I haven't had any emails from Skoda although my dealer says it's planned for a week 51 build with delivery mid January.

What info do you have to give SUK to get a build update? The only communications I've had are from the dealer (a couple of emails from Simpsons) and they've only ever given me provisional dates. Even the scan of the order that they sent me when I paid the deposit has no order number or reference on it.

Edited by Citigopher

My dealer gave me a provisional date when I ordered then they have a lady who keeps you informed by phone or email.
She called with a provisional build date, a confirmed build date, the date it was built, when it reached Emden, when it reached Grimsby and the last when it arrived at the dealer with a collection date.

This was at Dennis Horton of Lincoln.

As mine was already about to be built when I ordered it updates have been few and far between from SUK. The only "update" I had from them was a generic email explaining the build/delivery process during the week it was built.

It's the dealer who's been checking on progress and updating me by email. They expected the car was going to be shipped from Emden but has travelled by train to Belgium via Germany and has been waiting at the docks since the middle of last week.

Expecting another update tomorrow lunchtime to find out if anything happened during the weekend.

I'm going to complain.

I didn't get a single email from Skoda, not one!!

Were they from Skoda UK via the dealer or direct?

They were from [email protected].

I didn't do anything special to get these, just provided my email address to the dealer - Motorline of Dartford.

Am I the only one to get a Christmas card email from Skoda too?

'Twas the night before Christmas, 

and all through the streets 

People are loading their ŠKODAs 

with the most festive of treats.    transparent.png

Sat-navs are programmed 

then routes are prepared, 

And they're ready for the morning, 

when the gifts will be shared.   transparent.png

WISHING YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS 

from everyone here at ŠKODA UK

Edited by Austerby

My first Škoda communication was the welcome email from Robert Hazlwood in 2012, agreeing to supply my Yeti fitted with 16" wheels.  The later two have been letters saying 'Yes, we've been caught cheating' and then 'I'm sorry we've been caught cheating'.  No Christmas card. 

Mind you, the Yeti is fine! 

(So far ....) 

We bought two leather reclining chairs (£2500) 20+ years ago from a shop in Reading and have received Xmas cards every year since without fail.

We paid 10x that for the Yeti and get nowt.

We bought two leather reclining chairs (£2500) 20+ years ago from a shop in Reading and have received Xmas cards every year since without fail.

We paid 10x that for the Yeti and get nowt.

The difference is that the vehicle is just another widget designed to be recycled after 10 years but the leather chairs are for life.

I get the impression that your dealerships are a somewhat motley lot and some take you for granted.

If the Asian manufactured vehicles were marketed as aggressively In the UK as they do in the U.S. and Australia, there might be a better attitude towards their customers.

Been to drop the retention for private plate at the dealers and had a quick play with the car.

Didn't drive it but started her up and much quieter as expected than the diesel.

Satnav/audio unit screen looks much bigger.

Brown leather looks and feels great.

Sunroof looks HUGE!!

Doors feel different opening and closing. That could be KESSY or just my imagination.

The black edition has loads of buttons that are blank. The L&K has NO blanks at all.

11am tomorrow can't come soon enough.

• Like 4