In need of a body control module - can anyone help

Hi all,

My electric windows have been working intermittently for the last few weeks so I bought a new switch to see if that would solve it & it has made no difference. I have swapped the fuses, checked the wiring & everything that I could think of and still nothing. 

So this morning I gave up and handed the car over to an auto electrician who has just reported back that he is getting no response from the 'body control module' and I would have to get a new one from Skoda & they need to be programmed to the car by Skoda.

I have just come off the phone with my local dealer and they want £445 fitted!!

Does anyone know of any alternative as the auto electrician that I have used has advised that even if I picked up a second hand one it would still need to be programmed to the car by Skoda.

I'm going to give Skoda a ring back to see if they would be willing to fit & programme a 2nd hand one.

Any suggestions / help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Edited by BlueMonster

I asked the auto electricians if they could get to it as I'm being asked for the part number from breakers yards / 2nd hand VAG parts dealers & he advised it's buried under the dashboard somewhere.

I've got it booked in to Skoda for this coming Friday to get it hooked up to their diagnostics in hope that they can confirm that it is / isn't the body control module that's at fault.