MK1 Ocy VRS 2003 For Sale - Please Read

jonboy30

Hello and welcome to the sale of my Skoda Octavia VRS

The car is a standard 2003 model in Silver metalic and covered 172909 miles

***I must at this point say that unfortunatley the car turns over but will NOT start***
post-25863-0-92780900-1447530094_thumb.jpgpost-25863-0-42726600-1447530107_thumb.jpgpost-25863-0-88519600-1447530259_thumb.jpgpost-25863-0-26025200-1447530274_thumb.jpgpost-25863-0-01212100-1447530288_thumb.jpgpost-25863-0-97013300-1447530300_thumb.jpgpost-25863-0-05911400-1447530429_thumb.jpgpost-25863-0-64388300-1447530441_thumb.jpgpost-25863-0-50028700-1447530454_thumb.jpg
Currently SORN

Electric windows all round
Airconditioning (needs regasing)
Central Locking
Electric Mirrors

In addition to this the car comes with an extensive service history book and a lot of receipts for work carried out.

The cam belt has been done twice based on the miles covered so this shouldnt need doing for a while.

In my ownership I have replaced the following:

Rear Shock Absorbers
Brake discs and pads all round
Rear brake line

Rear Caliper
Front passenger Shock Absorber and hub including wheel bearing

Both front wishbones
Added an oil catch can
Exhaust flexy has been replaced

I have been using the car as my daily drive to and form work up until around 6 weeks ago when one morning the car would not start. The car will turn over but that is it.

I have the VCDS on my laptop and have scanned the car, the scan has highlighted errors pointing to the ABS system / ECU. I am only assuming that the issues lies with the ABS system ECU perhaps and or the main ECU. I have not looked into the issue further as I have purchased another car and the Octavis has been on the drive ever since.

Prior to the car failing she ran very well for a car of this age and has served my family well. The interior is in great condition and everything works.

I feel that the car should be on the road as there is still life left in the old girl. Someone with the time and knowledge could easily get the car back on the road. She just needs some care and attention.

I am asking £650 ono for the car

I would be more than happy to answer anyones questions and provide more photographs if required.

The car would need to be either towed or put on a trailer.
Many thanks for looking.

Edited by jonboy30

Hi, a couple of quick questions for you: Am I right in thinking this is a 1.8 180 BHP? Edit, I've looked elsewhere and this does appear to be the case.

And secondly, I assume the answer is no but does it bump start?

I am only in Catterick so this wouldn't be too far for me to have it towed or brought if I can find someone with a transporter.

Would you be able to tell me the codes that came up when it was scanned?

Edited by Outofthi5world

Trailer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes but then it's insuring it after that. It would cost me £2000 to insure it for a year but I'd only use it for track-days so most of the time it would be sat costing insurance money. I'm after a car to use on track-days so I don't crash my Monte again and I'd temp-cover it to get it to the track and back again. Unfortunately I'll have to look for another car. This one would have been perfect though and it's a great shame!

Edited by Outofthi5world

Yes but then it's insuring it after that. It would cost me £2000 to insure it for a year but I'd only use it for track-days so most of the time it would be sat costing insurance money. I'm after a car to use on track-days so I don't crash my Monte again and I'd temp-cover it to get it to the track and back again. Unfortunately I'll have to look for another car. This one would have been perfect though and it's a great shame!

Project for a year until you can get insurance ;)

Project for a year until you can get insurance ;)

I suppose that is an option. Or I could fix it up and sell it on but I don't want to sell it if I get it. OP if you're reading this would you be willing to keep the car until early next month? I would have the money to buy it then without borrowing it off my dad :) And I could keep it and fix the problem then sort the rest out later. As a track car and project it would be loved and would be well maintained for minimal mileage. And it would be quite famous too. ;)

The more I see this car the more I want it.

Edited by Outofthi5world
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This one is now mine :)

Turned out to be a failed ECU and needed a tie rod end then passed MOT!

Nice, good luck with it. Do you mind me asking you how much it cost to get it running again?

Edited by Outofthi5world