Headlights issue

Timpel

Hey ho

Long time haven't posted anything. So. My Dad bought himself 2010 MK2 Fabia with 1.2 51kw engine. To be honest i really like the car when i get to drive it. 3 cyclnder engine is awsome also sounds awsome ! Lately its been raining alot here and the driver side headlamp is fogging up badly. Theres small water droplets inside of the glass. So heres my question. Is it fixable or is it easier to buy new headlamps. If need new ones then any suggestions ? I do like those monte carlo ones which have smoked (?) lens in them. Should i go with OEM or with some aftermarket ones. OEM Montes cost around 300 which is not actually that bad.

BR

Timo

I did mine last week It is fixable check the 2 rubber light covers for both high and dipped beam that there isn't any splits or they have come loose and that there is a good seal.

dc17e934ff0a3cb20a542147bae3b4ce.jpg

In the diagram 2 & 3

I used a hair dryer on low setting to get rid of the current condensation on the outside of the light with continuos movement not too close and not staying in one place.

Any suggestion or even some instructions how to remove the unit all together ? Rubber covers were in place as they should be. Gonna use hair dryer to remove moisture. Theres no apparent cracks on the glass itself. Maybe try to reseal the light ? Or something.

• 2 weeks later...

Got brand new Hella headlight unit for 50 euros. Swap took about hour. And voila. Al done. Installed new bulbs aswell (Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited H4. Way better now. Old bulbs were factory fitted and were very dim :)

when speaking about monte carlo headloghts, does anybody know if those black headlights have bihalogen system. they ccould also be ordered for mk2 vrs as black package. I would like to change my h7 halogen to monte carlo h7 bihalogen. Is this the correct number 5J0 941 017 F       5J0 941 018 F. only bihalogen :clap:

when speaking about monte carlo headloghts, does anybody know if those black headlights have bihalogen system. they ccould also be ordered for mk2 vrs as black package. I would like to change my h7 halogen to monte carlo h7 bihalogen. Is this the correct number 5J0 941 017 F 5J0 941 018 F. only bihalogen :clap:

The monte lights operate using a single H7 bulb. Theres then a shutter controlled by a solonoid that gives you high and low beam cut off.

The wiring to the silver (facelift) and black light will most likely use a different loom.

I cant help with part numbers, sorry.

I did mine last week It is fixable check the 2 rubber light covers for both high and dipped beam that there isn't any splits or they have come loose and that there is a good seal.

dc17e934ff0a3cb20a542147bae3b4ce.jpg

In the diagram 2 & 3

I used a hair dryer on low setting to get rid of the current condensation on the outside of the light with continuos movement not too close and not staying in one place.

'

If you don't mind asking... is that schematic off a website or application? which?