Heated seats

jst_at_home

Hi all

this might seem a strange question from someone on their third Yeti!

My wife has a 2011 Yeti Elegance with heated seats.  However now that the weather is getting a little colder we have discovered that the heating is only in te backrest and not the cushion as well.

My Superb has heating in both backrest and cushion and I can't for the life of me recall whether both parts of the seat were heated on our previous Yetis.

This appears to be both driver and passenger seats which leads me to believe that either it's the way it's supposed to be or the previous owner had disconnected something.

Thanks

John

I've had the driver's side heated base replaced twice on my May '12 Yeti. Worked during the winter 12/13 but not working at the start of winter 13/14. That got fixed, but then didn't work by the start of winter 14/15, so had to go in again. Fix number two seems to be holding, as it was still working a couple of weeks ago!

The driver's one on ours is intermittent/weak (the kidney one works well though) - the passenger one is properly roasting.  Having seen this come up a few times here I was going to investigate one day and see if anything in there can be modified/improved.

I had the driver's seat squab heater fail on TIBET I, others have been fine so far. Replaced under warranty without an issue.

Personally, I couldn't do without the heaters on (under) leather. Must be a wuss...!

It's the reason I don't care to pay more for something that doesn't support as well when cornering either, in a purely practical sense of course.

I got mine for free... reasonable enough?! :D

Am now interested in a merc GLA or Evoque ....I wonder if they have alcantara as an option that's not tied to some other options I don't need/want.

The alcantara ones are heated anyway.

We aren't that cold out here though.

It seems alcantara isn't that common in other brands as an option either ......maybe more so in Europe .