How long does your airbag warning light stay on?

longedge

Shouldn't it switch off straight away? As in it comes on for a second when you switch the ignition on as a means to check the light is functioning.

I think they may talking about the passenger air bag light next to the Hazzards switch. You are correct the Air bag test light in the dash only stays on for a couple seconds.

This is what my handbook says:

› Check that the [front passenger airbag] warning light  lights up

after the ignition is switched on.

The [front passenger airbag ] warning light goes out 65 seconds after the key switch status has

changed or after the ignition is switched on.

Jim

Edited by muddyjim

I asked to see if there was a consensus. Mine isn't predictable, in terms of distance it's anything from the first few hundred yards from home up to a mile - probably anything between 20-60 secs. but I suppose that as long as it goes out then al is well. Must hold my hand up and admit I hadn't read the manual :blush: