Yeti no4 ordered

wakev

Yeti no3 is coming up to two years old so with a VIP event at  my dealers and a wish to get back to a petrol Yeti, I have ordered a L&K 1.4tsi in magnetic brown, asked for delivery beginning of March which should be about right with build times at the moment, managed to get a good discount on the new one and a little over book on the trade in, all locked so no worry about changes.

Can't believe the hammering  on the trade in price, apparently the Diesel trade in has been dropping for more than three months, not just down to the dieselgate,  if I had left it till march to look at a new one they say it could drop by another 2-3k, :o

• Like 1

I ordered my 3rd Yeti five weeks ago (going for a 1.4 tsi L&K on PCH).

Have been looking at webuyanycar (out of interest), their valuation has gone up by nearly £900 in the last week, I presume that this is due to the cold weather coming.

yup. my YBAC valucation has gone up a bit over the last month.

my 1.4L&K delivery date was March but its not apparently beginning of Jan - Jan I'm happy with but if it starts getting into Feb then I'd rather wait till March for the new plate

Can you pick n choose delivery dates?.

Transferring my plate over so it's not a factor for me, it would be nice to know it's a 16 and not a very late 15. 

yup. my YBAC valucation has gone up a bit over the last month.

my 1.4L&K delivery date was March but its not apparently beginning of Jan - Jan I'm happy with but if it starts getting into Feb then I'd rather wait till March for the new plate

Does the new Yeti 1.4 L&K the new EA211 engine with cambelt etc... (totally different engine with exhaust manifold at the bulkhead side of the engine) as fitted to the new Octavia/Superb??

• Like 1

So the SPECULATION about big losses on VAG diesel cars after the cheating was correct after all and not just SPECULATION as some members wanted to make us believe,I also find it unbelievable that a dealer giving a px deal had the neck to utter that statement on a VAG product he had been selling ,that you had bought in good faith had lost so much money.

• Like 1

So the SPECULATION about big losses on VAG diesel cars after the cheating was correct after all and not just SPECULATION as some members wanted to make us believe,I also find it unbelievable that a dealer giving a px deal had the neck to utter that statement on a VAG product he had been selling ,that you had bought in good faith had lost so much money.

He said not just due to deiselgate... But dropping over a number of months

Personally the OPs post is why I would never change cars every couple of years... You take a big hit on initial depreciation and then get taken for a ride by a dealer because of a new modle or a model update devaluing your existincar. It's just chucking money away...

• Like 1

Yeti no3 is coming up to two years old so with a VIP event at  my dealers and a wish to get back to a petrol Yeti

Just out of curiosity, what's behind your wish to get back to petrol, please?  I'm toying with the idea of going the other way since I'm missing the low down torque.

Just out of curiosity, what's behind your wish to get back to petrol, please?  I'm toying with the idea of going the other way since I'm missing the low down torque.

The very latest small turbo patrols drive like a diesel with max torque <2000 rpm.....I'd better not say anything more or there might be a banishment to THE CORNER!!

The "Mrs" just got a new 1.2 petrol Qashqai - you'd imagine it would be pathetic but it drives just like a diesel except far quieter. Smooth and torquey, runs out of puff at higher revs. I think the modern petrols seem to be doing the right thing, still a fair way off diesel economy in the real world though.

The "Mrs" just got a new 1.2 petrol Qashqai - you'd imagine it would be pathetic but it drives just like a diesel except far quieter. Smooth and torquey, runs out of puff at higher revs. I think the modern petrols seem to be doing the right thing, still a fair way off diesel economy in the real world though.

We are lucky in being seen as a 'power' market .....our 1.2 is amazing.

It's HP for courses and depends on your lifestyle. I am sure the 1.2 and 1.4 are adequate for most users i.e. those that don't tow large/heavy items. Both would be adequate for off road if 4x4 but they are not.

Due to my probable (imminent) medical retirement I would happily now change to a petrol Yeti, but I need at least an 1.8, preferably a 4x4, to tow my caravan, Unfortunately this is not available so I will have no option but to buy another diesel.

Drove a 1.4 diesel Fabia on Thursday and it goes well, but was very noisy.

We just dont do the mile for a Diesel, love the way it drives but I was really impressed with my old fellas 1.2 TSi, doing the 1.4 with 4x4 di if for me :)

I reckon we'll be about the same on mpg (maybe a little better), the petrol wont take an age to warm up and it'll be super quiet.

Would imagine this is to do with the recent VW emission scandal and future residuals.

Tony

I need the 4x4 capability so after my first 1,2 I had to have the 110 oil burner, SWMBO's day to day driving is not good for the DPF or EGR, when I dive it I have to drive a gear lower to give it a good burn out, I think the new petrols are giving better torque low down now.  

• Like 1

It's HP for courses and depends on your lifestyle. I am sure the 1.2 and 1.4 are adequate for most users i.e. those that don't tow large/heavy items. Both would be adequate for off road if 4x4 but they are not.

1.4 L&K is 4X4 

Diesel's where dropping before the VW troubles, loads of reasons plus petrol prices are dropping below Diesel again.  As for my dealer he said it's across all makes no just VAG and showed me the guide, and gave me the top price plus a fair bit over.