VW Emissions Scandal Thread V2

Outofthi5world

It would be great if some sort of timeline/Known facts, could be added to the first post to save us all trawling through hundreds of pages of links :)

If someone wants to make a timeline I will happily post it in the first post. I know very little of the scandal and am only here to try to keep the peace. Of course full credit will be given for anything that is copied into the first post.

And don't forget to watch Panorama on BBC 1 in half an hour.

Edited by Outofthi5world

Well, is the latest bit of news the 3.0tdi V6 is now involved? If so, you could add it as a bullet point to your OP. Although this does mean you will end up with a bit more work. Isn't there a thing about if you save a life you are responsible for it? :D

Well, is the latest bit of news the 3.0tdi V6 is now involved? If so, you could add it as a bullet point to your OP. Although this does mean you will end up with a bit more work. Isn't there a thing about if you save a life you are responsible for it? :D

Briskoda was turning into a battlefield, so can I have a medal?

how long before someone posts, all car manufactures are crooks, I feel so let down i'm never buying another car.........

I forgot to memtion, from now on I only trust cars I've built myself. Edited by Outofthi5world

Announcement intended for shareholders

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/23/volkswagen-emissions-refits-idUSL8N13I48920151123?type=companyNews#UbScisQfLsp4C6TH.97

So, when shares go high enough, they will announce "the solution" then shares will drop to present value. That is why they aren't announcing solution now. Same story is for "goodwill" in Europe...

Edited by ppejic

they have bacame mgicians

"In the two-liter diesel engine rich from a software update, which the Federal Motor Transport Authority have (KBA) already agreed. Even the 1.6-liter engine VW have basically green light. In addition to an updated software mentioned here but also "hardware measures" necessary, admitted the CEO. But if it were "relatively simple changes in the air grilles or air filter cartridge"

https://translate.google.at/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=sr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.t-online.de%2Fauto%2Fnews%2Fid_75626602%2Fabgas-skandal-vw-hat-loesungen-fuer-fast-alle-dieselmotoren.html&edit-text=

I suggested that in the last thread, but certain people objected.

I suggested it too with the same result. I think one of the mods suggested it also. Mind you the thread was a bit of an Infinite Monkey scenario jobbie and was so awash with links I think it had lost it's way and become a club for a few people with the stamina to continue it :D It would be nice if this one was concise and had bullet points or something in the first post though :)