Anyone got a new Spaceback ? Only seen 1 on the road!

When you say new, do you mean the mildly facelifted version or any Spacebacks? If the latter, I see a few around Northampton mosy days.

Yeah, was thinking at least MY16 cars.

Ours is due to arrive in Jan, but not yet seen one in the space spec on the road or even in the Skoda used section.

Past a couple of Spacebacks at the weekend but they are rare round here and I would't be able to say which MY they were; just a fleeting observation of traffic going the opposite way.

Seeing more Fabia III's despite IMHO the Spaceback being the better car.

TP

From a Skoda dealers perspective one is What Car's Car of the Year. The other is that funny shaped hatch thats costs almost as much as an Octy so they rarely keep one in the showroom.

Which do you think is easier to sell?

SEAT dealers are the same- almost never having a Toledo in stock to view.

Edited by camelspyyder

From a Skoda dealers perspective one is What Car's Car of the Year. The other is that funny shaped hatch thats costs almost as much as an Octy so they rarely keep one in the showroom.

Its wierd tho aint it! Cas I thought the whole ethos for the Rapid/Toledo was a car with a big boot. A lot of us will look past the cheap interior quality and rattles knowing that youve ended up with a cheap to run modern car thats also cheap to buy with a fricking huge boot! I got a wardrobe in mine the other day without having to dismantle it and it reminded me why I went for the rapid! The spaceback would certainly not have been up to the job and I would have been sat in the garage still hacking the thing to bits... And yet the spaceback gets car of the year? I dont think either of them are up to car of the year tbh! 

I've often wondered about this. There's plenty Skodas in our area, including a fair few new shape Fabias yet I have seen precious few Rapids and just one Spaceback.

Lots of people comment on the price being an issue as it clashes with bigger models  but this is the case in plenty of brands. A fully equipped VW Polo is more expensive than a  basic VW Golf and a VW Golf can be  more expensive than an entry level Land Rover Evoque, In fairness, even the salesman pointed this out. At the end of the day, there's such a wide choice out there that you end up making a decision based on what suits you best at that time, otherwise you could go on forever.

My daughter chose the Spaceback because she liked the look of the car and its panoramic roof, something which would have priced her out in any other car we looked at. She added a few extras and it was still under £16.500. Can you get a "better" car for that price?, maybe... Will she like it? unlikely  (I know this because we looked at lots of cars before she decided).

Either way it's too late to change her mind now as she's picking it up on Monday.

Crampedsky

PS The new shape Fabia is the 2015 car of the year, not the Spaceback

• Like 2

I know what you mean. I was after a new Toledo, no one had one and 2 dealers weren't interested.

I can only conclude they make nothing out of them as the retail price is so low, hence the lack of interest.

This is why I got an Octavia, which cost a little bit more, but is much better I think.

Yep, got it at lunchtime.

I had originally planned to by a normal Rapid (liftback), SE spec with 86PS, and that was what I drove. I went back the following day and it had sold, so I paid a deposit on this one - I hadn't driven it as it was buried on the forecourt, but a deal was done that I was very pleased with.

It has more spec than I thought - I didn't realise it had bluetooth, DAB, armrest, multifunction steering wheel - none of these were fitted to the 'SE' I demo'd. I hadn't test driven a 105PS version either, but the engine is great. I'm very pleased :)

The MFD says I got 53.1mpg on my way home from collecting it without particularly tring - I hope its accurate-ish. In reality if it does a genuine 45mpg I'll be delighted. :)

This is intended to be white-goods motoring for me, so doubt I'll do its own thread. Seems to be a lovely car though.

post-4097-0-82776500-1449166393_thumb.jpg

post-4097-0-73508200-1449166429_thumb.jpg

post-4097-0-75428900-1449166438_thumb.jpg

post-4097-0-78262300-1449166445_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tom_vRS
  • Like 4

Yep, got it at lunchtime.

I had originally planned to by a normal Rapid (liftback), SE spec with 86PS, and that was what I drove. I went back the following day and it had sold, so I paid a deposit on this one - I hadn't driven it as it was buried on the forecourt, but a deal was done that I was very pleased with.

It has more spec than I thought - I didn't realise it had bluetooth, DAB, armrest, multifunction steering wheel - none of these were fitted to the 'SE' I demo'd. I hadn't test driven a 105PS version either, but the engine is great. I'm very pleased :)

The MFD says I got 53.1mpg on my way home from collecting it without particularly tring - I hope its accurate-ish. In reality if it does a genuine 45mpg I'll be delighted. :)

This is intended to be white-goods motoring for me, so doubt I'll do its own thread. Seems to be a lovely car though.

Looking good - sounds like you did well spec wise.

Is that Candy white ?

• Like 1

Cheers chaps.

Moon white(edited to add it's actually Laser white J3J3) apparently, looks quite a bit brighter and whiter than candy.

Looks like the tinted windows may have been an option too? Also seen tyre pressure monitoring which I wasn't expecting :)

Edited by Tom_vRS
  • Like 1

Thanks. It'll be interesting to see how the mpg goes. Not much difference between 86/105 according to honestjohn/realmpg.

Just to correct myself, I've checked the paint code and it's J3J3 Laser White. A solid colour it seems, just that bit brighter and whiter than Candy. :)

• Like 1

On here I've seen a fair few 86 owners claiming mpg in the mid 50's. Only one 105 owner in that ball park, and he has the narrow tyres on 15's and a longish motorway commute.

There are a really long couple of mpg threads on here exploring it all.

Edited by camelspyyder

Yeah I've seen a few of them I think and agree there's seems to be a pattern.

Over the wider audience and across the different platforms the engine is fitted to it seems something like 45mpg is typical for the 105 and 48mpg typical for the 86, less than this for the bigger cars of course, and there are always people claiming they get unrealistic numbers, particularly at the high end.

My last car was a 325ti averaging 27mpg. As long as I get genuine mid-40s without having to try to hard I'll be quite happy.