Boost help

Nidger

Hi there everyone,

I've got a bit of a question for you great minded people.

When I got my VRS it had a boost guage fitted - Digital PSI ,  on idle it  always read -10 and on boost from what I can remember went up to about + 10 if you get me, now what i have seen is on idle its fluctuating between say - 8 to -9 but on boost its going up to about 16 or 17 psi .

Its on a standard map and it doesnt feel any different in terms of power/ speed, can't really say I'm getting any more whooshing noises as I get a bit anyway having an opn filter.

I've got no limp mode or anyhing like that either, the S pipe under the manifold has been changed at some point as its a red jobby.

Would you say I've got a leak .

Cheers all.

Hmm, sounds like a boost control issue as it appears to be over boosting and getting the wrong signal to respond to at idle. Would be worth a scan, I'm thinking dodgy N75 but that's a bit of a long shot at this stage. You say it's not limp moded yet? If it's over boosting then that may follow soon so don't be surprised if it does.

There's always the good old MAF too but I would have thought other issues would go with that.

Edited by YellowCar

I thought it was weird having now limp mode. Like tonight at idle it was sometimes on-3 then go to -10 but still go up to like 16.

Going have to try find someone local get it plugged in.

Thanks for the reply and to be fair another lad also said it could poss be the n75.

Yeah N75 isn't unheard of, although not exactly a common fault. If a scan shows nothing I'd be tempted to trial and error a new or known working one of those first. Just to cross it off the list if nothing else, may well solve it straight away. If you get one get one that is stock for your car, don't be tempted to uprate it, can cause a world of problems.