Leaving/coming home stopped working.

Pimmen

Superb 2010.

Have worked since day one until a couple weeks ago, have tried changing the time setting, deactivating both settings for coming/leaving home, returned light settings to stock,nothing helps.

Light switch set to AUTO, and have always been since I got the car.

Coming home - car door is shut & locked, then the lights stay on for a short while & then go off.

Leaving home - when I press the fob to open the doors, the headlamps come on.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Superb 2010.

Have worked since day one until a couple weeks ago, have tried changing the time setting, deactivating both settings for coming/leaving home, returned light settings to stock,nothing helps.

Light switch set to AUTO, and have always been since I got the car.

Coming home - car door is shut & locked, then the lights stay on for a short while & then go off.

Leaving home - when I press the fob to open the doors, the headlamps come on.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Suggest it needs a VCDS scan to see if it throws up any error codes?

• 3 months later...

The indicators flash as they are supposed to do.

Still not working, no error codes at all when I had the car at the shop to replace a broken window motor.

Any more suggestions?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Does it function if the light sensor is masked ? There may be a new light source (internal or external) that wasn't there before.

From the owners manual.

The COMING HOME/LEAVING HOME function is controlled with the light sensor in

the mount of the interior rear mirror. If the light intensity is higher than the set
value of the light sensor, the light is not switched on after opening the driver's
door or unlocking the vehicle with the radio remote control.

• 2 weeks later...

use VCDS to find out what the car thinks of the current state of your battery. I bet the car thinks the batterys charge is low and thus is shutting down your comfort features to preserve it.  Not directly linked to voltage, more AH left in it.

Who changed your battery? did they re-code the battery regulator coding when they did it to tell the car is received a new battery and its correct AH size?

Edited by delitfol