VCDS - basic setting not performed please help

pinjon

Hi!

I have a problem with VCDS R12.12

I tried several times to do the throttle adaptation test with no result.

It's an AFH engine on a Felicia.

The interesting thing is that if I run the adaptation on an AEE ecu all runs well the engine starts an runs.

When i put in the apropriate AFH ecu the same procedure ends in that error.

Is it the AFH ecu or something else??

Im lost here and I don't know where to start. My first impression is that the used AFH ecu could be somehow damaged.

any help would be greatly apreciated.

thanks

post-72862-0-80005000-1448484864_thumb.jpg

VCDS Release 12.12 dates back to September 2013. The latest version is 15.7. I would guess that your problem is that you are using a counterfeit interface running hacked software since a genuine one would have advised you to update the software multiple times since 12.12.

• Like 1

Thanks for the response.

Yeah it's a chines version. :notme:  :thumbdown:

Im only using it for my own, not earning any money with it so...if this was my job I would have no problem buying an original one.

I don't understand why it's working with the AEE ecu and not the AFH. They are basically same ecus with different mapping.

Anoter thing is when I try hrottle body alignment with the AFH ecu the throttle plate is moving but there is no wooshing sound that should be. That all happens with the AEE ecu.  It's a bit puzzling at the moment. I'm thinking of some bad contact on the ecu maybe...

Any ideas?

As I said the marelli ecus seem to be really picky, any slight problem with the comms and it won't talk or weird things happen. Cheap clone cable normally means cheap components, you could try reducing the comms port speed but cheap Chinese crap = problems.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I see...german engine....italian ecu....cheap chines cable....it's obvious they can't communicate :p ....joke....

I Will check the connection ecu/engine loom...reducing speed...hmmmm....dont't know how to do it as it's on the USB port.... :sweat:  Im not a computer geek. I know a thing or two about electrics and computers but communication protocols&speeds on a can cable are a bit out of my knowledge.

I've noticed some freezing on the AFH ecu. That doesn't happen on the AEE ecu. 

It's very cold where Im working on the car. That shouldn't be an issue but who knows...chines cables... :|

Im getting nervous about it because that's the only problem left on the car! I want badly to take her out. I've done a ton of work on it....

I see...

Is it possible to run VCDS lite on a chines cable?

or buying/building a cable and runing it on vcds lite?

Im only using it once in a while for working on my car, nothing serious....

I see...

Is it possible to run VCDS lite on a chines cable?

or buying/building a cable and runing it on vcds lite?

Im only using it once in a while for working on my car, nothing serious....

You need a registered copy of vcds lite to perform adaptions.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I saw that on their web page....

ok, called a friend with a registered delphi scanner. Same problem - basic settings not performed.

Im back at start point. Can't figure out what the problem is.

Thinking of getting another AFH ECU....:-(

Apparently pre 98 AFH ecus had different TB control than post 98. That's what some people said. New TB can't talk to old afh ECU. Stil have to verify that.

I would appreciate if someone could confirm that.