A1 S1.. quite the tool..

B33fy

Had a spin out in one last night, pleasantly surprised, went well , felt almost Golf R quick. and a league above in terms of quality compared with a Fester ST3. Didn't cost much more than one either, less than a year old dealer demo with quite a few extras. £21k..a lot of car for the dosh, though quite expensive new at list price. Very impressive.

• Like 1

Had a spin out in one last night, pleasantly surprised, went well , felt almost Golf R quick. and a league above in terms of quality compared with a Fester ST3. Didn't cost much more than one either, less than a year old dealer demo with quite a few extras. £21k..a lot of car for the dosh, though quite expensive new at list price. Very impressive.

They do look good! I'm not convinced on the quad exhausts though!

Not much more than a Fezza ST3? A year old Fezza would be an awful lot less than £21k!

• Like 2

They do look good! I'm not convinced on the quad exhausts though!

Not much more than a Fezza ST3? A year old Fezza would be an awful lot less than £21k!

I think he means not too much more than brand new list price of a Fezza

Had a spin out in one last night, pleasantly surprised, went well , felt almost Golf R quick. and a league above in terms of quality compared with a Fester ST3. Didn't cost much more than one either, less than a year old dealer demo with quite a few extras. £21k..a lot of car for the dosh, though quite expensive new at list price. Very impressive.

They are around £9,000 apart (Fiesta ST3 and S1) new at good online discount website prices.

Used the prices narrow slightly.  You can get a decent used ST-3 for around £14k a year old so still £7,000 cheaper.

They are an obvious step up in quality.

Thing is though, being an Audi the S1 suffers from the typical Audi problem of the sparse spec and the cost of options.

While Ford throw in Bluetooth, heated Recaros, Sat Nav, cruise control, and don't have much on the options list.

Yes I should have made it clearer, I was comparing the 7,000 mile 64 plate with a brand new ST3. If I had to choose it would be the S1.

@ BF, this one was nicely specced with leather, sat nav, black roof/grill etc. It's worth looking around for a decent spec and let someone else take the hit on the cost when new. Wonder if a 5 pot will fit?... :)

Edited by B33fy
  • Like 1

Caught up with Matt at Car builder Solutions today, he mentioned that a friend of his has one of these as a daily driver and tinkered with it, fitting a hybrid turbo amongst other things it puts out well over  400bhp. Jonny Cocker is the guy, a pretty accomplished young endurance racer.

Video clip of a few sound effects on the over run..

http://websta.me/p/1107492554791834893_176584212

Caught up with Matt at Car builder Solutions today, he mentioned that a friend of his has one of these as a daily driver and tinkered with it, fitting a hybrid turbo amongst other things it puts out well over  400bhp. Jonny Cocker is the guy, a pretty accomplished young endurance racer.

Video clip of a few sound effects on the over run..

http://websta.me/p/1107492554791834893_176584212

Yes, Jonny cocker is pretty well known in the tuning scene.

He does a range of upgrades for the current shape GT-R and worked with APR on the 5 pot TT-RS stage 3 kit making 650+bhp apparently.

He came to Silverstone with us one day and was rather amused by the Yeti wizzing past all kinds of other things. :D

Yes, Jonny cocker is pretty well known in the tuning scene.

He does a range of upgrades for the current shape GT-R and worked with APR on the 5 pot TT-RS stage 3 kit making 650+bhp apparently.

He came to Silverstone with us one day and was rather amused by the Yeti wizzing past all kinds of other things. :D

The yeti Vrs - a true sleeper car. :thumbup:

JRJG

• Like 1