Superb / Octavia / Elegance Difference

shezza

Hi all,  I am looking at upgrading to a Superb probably 2ltr SE manual  2014. Now what does the Superb SE have over the Octavia Elegance which I have  And what does the Superb SE have over the Superb Elegance?

I have looked for a list that gives all these details to no avail.

Edited by shezza

The Elegance is a higher spec than the SE with the L&K at the very top. With the elegance you should get leather interior, satnav, cruise control, climate control, park assist, auto wipers and lights, self dimming wing and center mirrors, electric seat adjustment, 4 heated seats and loads more. Going from a 2005 UK elegance spec Octavia II (Auto wipers, CD changer, cruise control, climate control, auto dimming center mirror, 5 x 16" alloys), which was pretty well specced itself, I was very impressed. There are differences between the Irish and the UK elegance spec though - I have an Irish elegance Superb.

The Elegance is a higher spec than the SE with the L&K at the very top. With the elegance you should get leather interior, satnav, cruise control, climate control, park assist, auto wipers and lights, self dimming wing and center mirrors, electric seat adjustment, 4 heated seats and loads more. Going from a 2005 UK elegance spec Octavia II (Auto wipers, CD changer, cruise control, climate control, auto dimming center mirror, 5 x 16" alloys), which was pretty well specced itself, I was very impressed. There are differences between the Irish and the UK elegance spec though - I have an Irish elegance Superb.

A few years back UK Elegance did not have dimming mirrors or heated rear seats but they were standard on Irish spec. I've seen some UK SE's over here that didn't have xenon lights. I'm sure others will be along with more details..

A few years back UK Elegance did not have dimming mirrors or heated rear seats but they were standard on Irish spec. I've seen some UK SE's over here that didn't have xenon lights. I'm sure others will be along with more details..

Correct. The pre facelift UK Elegance spec (annoyingly) never had auto dimming rear view mirror as standard, nor rear heated seats but I think the mirror was added as standard to the facelift version. I also can't find any reference to dimming door mirrors being available in the UK at all?

Two major differences are full leather interior and adaptive bi-xenons, both standard on the elegance Superb over the next model down. For me those two items alone sold me on the elegance Superb a few years ago. Larger alloys, sat nav and electrically fully adjustable seats (both front seats) with memory settings on the driver's seat are also other notable differences on the Superb Elegance over the SE. There are other differences too but they are big ones. Park assist is a bit of gimmick IMO but sensors are very useful on such a large car so I'd recommend a model with both front and rear parking sensors fitted (should be on the elegance)

You should get a decent enough deal now with the new model out. Electrical issues are not really a problem but just check that everything does actually work before you buy as there is a lot of electric spec on the Superb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Superb170

And for those readers in New Zealand.... The Superb Elegance of the 2010 variety had satnav, electric tailgate, sunroof, bluetooth streaming, and park assist as options. The rest came standard as far as I know.

I also can't find any reference to dimming door mirrors being available in the UK at all?

They were fitted to L&K models (certainly pre-facelift) when the auto-dimming rear-view mirror was specified.  This wasn't mentioned in the specification anywhere: just what they turned up with.

m.

They were fitted to L&K models (certainly pre-facelift) when the auto-dimming rear-view mirror was specified.  This wasn't mentioned in the specification anywhere: just what they turned up with.

m.

Cheers Mark; didn't know that!

The upgrades are as above and elegance is worth the little extra second hand.

There do not seem to be too many Superb estate SE around but plenty of elegance models, so plenty of room to barter.