If you had to order your Mk3 Superb again, what would you order ?

I thought this might help people when chosing their first Mk3, especially in the 'options' department...

So I ordered an SE Business Estate 2.0 150 Diesel in Silver with Zeus wheels and Hill Hold (it's a company car)

I'm happy with that, but I wished I'd got it in Grey and the brighter headlights.

I think it's great value for money as it stands and she's just clicked over 500 miles for her first 4 days  returning an average of 58 mpg  :clap:   

• Like 2

A must for me (wouldn’t have bought the car if they didn’t have them) are:

Xenon’s

LED DRL’s

LED rear lights

Heated screen

Electric seats

Would I change anything on my order?... no nothing.

• Like 2

I thought this might help people when chosing their first Mk3, especially in the 'options' department...

So I ordered an SE Business Estate 2.0 150 Diesel in Silver with Zeus wheels and Hill Hold (it's a company car)

I'm happy with that, but I wished I'd got it in Grey and the brighter headlights.

I think it's great value for money as it stands and she's just clicked over 500 miles for her first 4 days  returning an average of 58 mpg  :clap:   

May i ask what it is about the silver you dislike compared to the grey ?

Edited by RickTT

I ticked everything I wanted and the only item 'missing' is the Dynamic Assist which I'm trying to find out why it is missing.

If I would want for anything it would be LED headlights and a HUD. I have a HUD on the X6 and it's a great tool - as well as saving looking down.

I ticked everything I wanted and the only item 'missing' is the Dynamic Assist which I'm trying to find out why it is missing.

If I would want for anything it would be LED headlights and a HUD. I have a HUD on the X6 and it's a great tool - as well as saving looking down.

And a couple of Sidewinders ? ;-)

May i ask what it is about the silver you dislike compared to the grey ?

Don't get me wrong I do like the silver and I think it goes well with the Zeus alloys and sunset glass - I just liked the grey when I saw one a few weeks back. I wanted my Qashqai in grey but it's silver (ex-demo) and again, looks good. 

I ordered a Combi Style with

Panoramic Sunroof

Colour Maxi Dot Screen

Heated Windscreen

18 " Pegasus Alloys

DAB

I really wanted the Smart light Headlights with the 'Eye Lashes' (I've the bi-Zenons) but couldn't justify the €800 cost. I wanted the Pegasus in the Antracite Colour (L&K) but wasn't allowed on the options even though it's in the Skoda accessories catalogue. Still debating whether to buy them & sell the standard ones afterwards. I'll wait til I see the car in the flesh. At the time I dismissed the brown leather but if I had my time over I'd probably spec it as I've been won over!

I'm glad I got:

Heated windscreen. Could have been a dealbreaker for me if it wasn't available

Auto/hill hold. Just works so effortlessly. Never have to think about the parking brake again.

Rear camera. The car is very easy to park in spite of its size, but I like being able to see how close the rear is to a wall/other car

Travel assistant. Was only €77 so I thought it was worth trying out. I didn't think I would make much use of it, but I really like having the current speed limit displayed.

Smart Light & Lane Assist with Blind Spot Detection. The BSD can be a little aggressive if you try and change back to the inside lane after overtaking sooner than it likes. It detects the overtaken car and because it is may still be in the blind spot, the system steers you back (it can be overridden, though it was a little disturbing the first time it happened).

Rear door blinds. They just look so much better than Peppa Pig ones. They also cover more of the window.

I could have done without:

Smartgate. I thought it would be interesting to get data from the car, but it has been disappointing. Should have researched it more...

I'm glad I got:

Heated windscreen. Could have been a dealbreaker for me if it wasn't available

Auto/hill hold. Just works so effortlessly. Never have to think about the parking brake again.

Rear camera. The car is very easy to park in spite of its size, but I like being able to see how close the rear is to a wall/other car

Travel assistant. Was only €77 so I thought it was worth trying out. I didn't think I would make much use of it, but I really like having the current speed limit displayed.

Smart Light & Lane Assist with Blind Spot Detection. The BSD can be a little aggressive if you try and change back to the inside lane after overtaking sooner than it likes. It detects the overtaken car and because it is may still be in the blind spot, the system steers you back (it can be overridden, though it was a little disturbing the first time it happened).

Rear door blinds. They just look so much better than Peppa Pig ones. They also cover more of the window.

I could have done without:

Smartgate. I thought it would be interesting to get data from the car, but it has been disappointing. Should have researched it more...

I must have missed Travel assist on the options, what is it?

The Travel Assist reads speed limit winds and displays it in the Maxi Dot. I don't know why but I quite enjoy seeing it on the display

Ah ok, if I'd have known that I would have added that, especially as it was only €77. I was indifferent to the colour Maxi Dot but when I saw it was only €100 then I said why not. Glad I did now judging by the feedback.

Edited by Rebelred

Travel Assist should be able to coded with VCDS ... but we need an update 1st as there is a bug in the software when it is changed at the moment and a couple of other items are lost

• Like 1

I got the SE Business. More than pleased with it but the lack of xenons & led drl's does annoy me slightly if I allow myself to think about it.

I comfort myself that its only costing me £5400 for two years driving a brand new car, then hand it back to pick something new 

• Like 1

Has anyone added the front parking sensors.

Ive ordered the SEL Excec which comes with the rear ones. But cant decide whether its worth paying the £350 just to add the front ones. Going from a VX Zafira its a lot longer car and although i always try and reverse into parking slots, SWMBO doesnt. I then just have to convince her we need them, without saying its to stop you driving into wall.

Has anyone added the front parking sensors.

Ive ordered the SEL Excec which comes with the rear ones. But cant decide whether its worth paying the £350 just to add the front ones. Going from a VX Zafira its a lot longer car and although i always try and reverse into parking slots, SWMBO doesnt. I then just have to convince her we need them, without saying its to stop you driving into wall.

I got an ex-demo so didn't have a choice so I have one without front sensors. Coming from an Octy with them I really really miss them. One of the biggest things is navigating a car park with tiny tight turns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I would make sure I had ordered the Anthracite 18" Pegasus wheels, due to a mix up I got the silver ones and the dealer is not prepared to change them.

Also the phonebox does not seem to do much, well not for the money!

Would get the upgraded steering wheel, not for the paddles, but the standard wheel is a bit skinny and has a cheap feel, the upgrade looks fatter and is leather so should feel better.

I only really wanted xenon's and sat nav above what I currently have on my SE trim. 

As it is a company car order (lease company), I was able to order an SE-L Exec trim and add some options - so I added 19" wheels, KESSY and heated rear seats.

IMVHO everything else looked pretty gimmicky and I could definitely live without!