Tail lights - boot section

Think this pretty much sums it up BUT does an up-spec'd S/SE/SE Business get them if it has xenons?

Heres an Ambition from Finland... which equals an SE..

skoda-superb-7649355_b_13693536.jpg

skoda-superb-7687427_b_58718055.jpg

and then a STYLE... which is like a SE L in UK terms..

skoda-superb-7601520_b_60422554.jpg

Edited by RickTT

Think this pretty much sums it up BUT does an up-spec'd S/SE/SE Business get them if it has xenons?

I can see though on the UK configator on Skoda website, the rear clusters DO IN FACT change when ther base trim level is sqitched from SE / SE business (including green line) to SEL or L&K

See example below for the keen eye,

cLUSTERS_zpszywjaw1h.png

Edited by RickTT
  • Like 1

Good spot RickTT, so there are some other minor visual differences to lights outside of the additional inner LED strip.

Another spot worthy of mention, some cars are missing the chrome caps that cover the indicator and reverse light bulbs (also evident in the side-by-side picture above)...

With the caps...

IMG_1316_zpse88dpubx.jpg

Without the caps...

skoda-superb-7607587_b_96894432_zpskpicf

Those cars with the inner LED strip appear to get the caps, those without the inner LED strip also miss out on the caps.

Edited by silver1011

Good spot RickTT, so there are some other minor visual differences to lights outside of the additional inner LED strip.

Another spot worthy of mention, some cars are missing the chrome caps that cover the indicator and reverse light bulbs (also evident in the side-by-side picture above)...

With the caps...

IMG_1316_zpse88dpubx.jpg

Without the caps...

skoda-superb-7607587_b_96894432_zpskpicf

Those cars with the inner LED strip appear to get the caps, those without the inner LED strip also miss out on the caps.

Yes, i noticed this too regrading the caps, this is the kind of detail which should be documented.

Is there a way to insert the red led strips in the boot section (or change the parts with another one that has the strips?) and insert the caps in front of the directional bulbs?

Inviato dal mio LG-H815 utilizzando Tapatalk

Is there a way to insert the red led strips in the boot section (or change the parts with another one that has the strips?) and insert the caps in front of the directional bulbs?

Inviato dal mio LG-H815 utilizzando Tapatalk

No, the only solution would be change all 4 of the rear lights (and recode the car?)

Right..

This information I found regarding the tail lights has been around for some time it would seem.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/344206-skoda-superb-iii-launch-press-kit-files/#entry4176168

Download the pdf press kit.

Page 6 in first chapter

Review the section on led lights, screen shot added below

(style = SEL in #uk trim)

post-126416-0-63989400-1450119145_thumb.png

Edited by RickTT

Right..

This information I found regarding the tail lights has been around for some time it would seem.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/344206-skoda-superb-iii-launch-press-kit-files/#entry4176168

Download the pdf press kit.

Page 6 in first chapter

Review the section on led lights, screen shot added below

(style = SEL in #uk trim)

They might want to try putting that in the public brochures...

+1 and add the description of the difference between light assist and smart assist whilst they are at it. The lack of specific detail in the Superb brochures compared to the press briefing is appaling.

• 2 weeks later...

A bit confused now. Just saw this one for sale. It equals your SE, does not have xenon but it does have the 'high' rest lights!

http://www.bilbasen.dk/brugt/bil/skoda/superb/16-tdi-120-ambition-combi/2705321

nothing like confusing matters is there!

Looks like what ever is in the parts bin at the time of build!

• 3 months later...

Asked my dealer which lights I would get (L&K). They couldn't answer the question so they asked the importer in Belgium (D'Ieteren). They couldn't answer as well, so they searched for a car with the same specs which was ready for delivery and checked it on that one. Pretty weird for a company that sells cars, to not even know what their own cars look like.

Just to add even more to the confusion, Irish Ambition spec cars have the full width tail light lighting with the chrome caps (differs from the non-UK Ambition spec car in post #70

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 1

Just to add my 2p worth, my 'S' spec doesn't have the lights extending onto the boot lid (and I've got non-led sidelights at the front) - don't think LED was an option on S.

Not too bothered, but as someone else said would have been good to know...

Just to add my 2p worth, my 'S' spec doesn't have the lights extending onto the boot lid (and I've got non-led sidelights at the front) - don't think LED was an option on S.

Not too bothered, but as someone else said would have been good to know...

If it's any consolation, the SE & SE Business don't have the extra lit bit either!

• Like 1

No photo but the SE L & L&K look like this:

IMG_1308_zpsz9bsoy3p.jpg

Whereas the S, SE & SE Business has no LED light bar on the hatch at all (it physically is not there rather than not coded to light up)