DTE pedal box - Fabia VRS SE Mk1

AdamOP94

My Fabia VRS has a revo remap, egr delete and pannel filter.

I'm looking to buy a pedalbox, would this have any problematic affect on anything and would I need to get it back on the dyno to make sure it's running correctly?

First car I've done anything to, forgive me if I ask any stupid questions..

In regards to the PedalBox, the guy who is selling it to me took it off an Octavia Mk2, but I assume they're universal to Skoda/Seat/VW etc??

Can't find anything mentioning compatibility, my friend said it will be universal anyway and there's not really much on youtube or anything.

Well I've payed the guy so hoping he sends it and I get it by early next week.

Will update on this thread!

ATM I'm sitting around 7.0 seconds mark for a 0-60.

On youtube people have been knocking like 2-3 seconds off a 0-60 with just a pedal box.

Very skeptical at that, don't see how it would if a 45BHP map has only knocked off 2 seconds, lol.

It's silly, the ECU decides how quickly you get power, not the throttle pedal, you can ask as quickly as you like, the ECU will still decide when you get it.

The clue is in the blurb:

Usually a petrol engine will have a better throttle response than a diesel engine. Also a naturally aspirated (NA) petrol engine is usually more responsive than a supercharged or turbocharged engine as it does not experience the same ‘lag’.

Quickest response is N/A petrol, followed by turbo petrol, lastly turbodiesel. The only difference it'll make is to your bank balance.

Sorry I think quicker 0-60 times with one of these pedal boxes is a load of poo

Does a bike go faster when you put a quick throttle on it.......no just feels faster because you have less throttle movement / better throttle responce

You might aswell have your drivers wish on your map changed for better/quicker throttle responce

Edited by furbyPD100