Superb 05 2.5 Central Locking Weirdness

JackpotUK

Hi all.

I've been looking around this forum for my answers but found this specific problem.

A while ago, my passenger side door wouldn't lock with the fob (all others did) which also meant that the alarm wouldn't double flash the hazards (although the red flashing light on the drivers door would flash and the alarm was armed) and after looking around the forums, I just presumed it was the broken solder joints within the mech...

HOWEVER, one perplexing thing about this problem was that.... 

THE DOOR WOULD UNLOCK WITH ONE PRESS (which should only open the drivers door?!!!!) but not lock, so I would just physically push the knob down after my passenger had exited.

Eventually it stopped unlocking too, so I have to physically open the door with the handle to let my passenger in and physically pull the knob up....so I forgot about it.

Now the same thing has started happening with the rear passenger door in that it will unlock with one press of the fob (which it shouldn't do) but won't lock.

Any ideas?

I don't think it's the solder thing as it does actually work to unlock.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I got similar issue, passenger door does not open always. 

Also got a wierd thing, i need to be like 2m from car for the remote to work... any ideas what might be causeing that? 

Edit: Read something about battery might be on way out, as then central locking does not have enough "power" to open all doors??

Edited by WorldUK

Door sometimes not locking or unlocking is most likely to be the door lock module, somewhere around £20 on ebay. Searching on ebay for passat rather than Skoda superb  door lock will get more hits.

There are many posts on replacing these modules, for example:

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/door-lock-assembly-module-removal-handle-removal-mk4-vw/

and no doubt a search on this forum will find some, or on www.ukpassats.co.uk  (need to register, but it's free)

Other possibilities are breaks in the wiring to the door, in the rubber bellows by the door hinges, or the usual damp under the front passenger carpet corroding the cabling.

Or corroded pins in the multiple connectors behind the plastic trim in the passenger footwell, in front of the door sill. 

Oh, and not anything to do with the battery or central locking remote.

Edited by Tdi1.9