Electric window woes!

Obadiah

Got into the wife's Yeti this morning , windows were wet, so I wound them down and up again. The front passenger window then went half way down again, I wound it up,mint went down, I wound it it up. On the way out it went down again. When we arrived I parked and wound the window up. Someone who arrived after us came in and told me it was half way down again, despite being parked and all switched off.

Any thoughts or suggestions, please?

Try a reset,    switch ignition to the on position (do not start the engine) hold the the window switches up for ten seconds ,release them ,turn ignition off then turn back on and hopefully fully reset and cured.

• Like 1

Mine was the drivers window always having to rest the one touch, had the dealer look at it at the first service they reset the window via their computer never been a problem since.

• 7 years later...

Close the window, release the switch then hold it up again for about 5 seconds and that should reset it.
Ignition needs to be switched on or you can do it with engine running no need to switch it on/off/on.

On 13/07/2023 at 18:02, chel said:

It worked, thanks. 

When I tried yesterday I just held switch up without first releasing, that did not solve.

Possibly check the wiring loom that goes between the door and the car, I had window issues, as well as central locking issues, that were solved by replacing this section of the loom (approx £120 at the local dealers).  The wires crack over time, and cause some odd issues with anything that interact with the stuff in the door....   You should be able to pull the rubber bellows/boot back enough to see if there are any cracks in the wiring.