rear boot spoiiler

MilanM

Well I didnt belive I would ever tell this, but I think this subforum slowly die.

I was here from begining, but nowadays, as old members sell their Mk1 they are left and thats it..I will try to maintaine this forum, and asking q or giving help as much as I can.

So if someone instaled rear boot spoiler, can you post picture?!

I tried on search but, its old topics and aparently they cant be seen.

Im thinking of instaling but I cant deciade wich, bcs I need suptile, still good enough. Tnx for reading...

I keep thinking of a spoiler but want understated.

Keep watching this one as I dont want to drill boot lid but then I think what if the sticky does damage to the paint if I dont like it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-Superb-2001-2008-M3-Type-Sport-BOOT-LIP-SPOILER-UK-Seller-/281521698893?hash=item418c00384d:g:jC0AAOxyA9dSYTwg

It's a bit like aunty in a short frock - these cars are now low-rent barges (which happen to be long-lasting if properly treated), and don't warrant any decoration.

Watch the boot lid balance - it's pretty hopeless as designed with no gas strut resistance when nearly closed. Adding extra weight to the lid will make this a lot worse. Slamming the lid breaks the filaments in the number plate lamps - which will be rusted in unless you have worked your way down my preventative maintenance list.

With a 1.9 diesel engine, these cars are useful bangers. Spend any time you have on preventative maintenance to offset VAG's dreadful design c o c k ups in various areas, and you have cheap, comfortable, long-lived motoring. Decorating it does nothing - spend the money on de-rusting wax such as Dinitrol and oil/filter changes.

rotodiesel.

• Like 2

@pinstripe 

I take out the plate lights once a year and grind off the new rust, then I apply "rust transformer" and paint it again with rust protection color and normal color. The rust didn't wander any further since I bought the car 2,5 years ago. 

• Like 1

thanks nafetss,

i don't have rust currently present; but i see i have foam as a gasket and i would like to avoid rust starting at all costs.

@rotodiesel

found your maintenance list - excellent stuff

Edited by pinstripe