Anyone removed the fuse box yet?

As title, has anyone removed the fusebox? (behind the glovebox)

Looking to add an ignition fed supply (in fuse holder 49?)

The MK7 Golf 12v sockets are wired like this:

2asiW2g.png

However to be able to do this to the superb (or Octavia) you need to add the bottom connection... I have a spare ignition fed supply where the blue (15A) fuse is in the photo above, but is it just a case of moving the terminal over?

The Superb fusebox:

766b5df7-4956-48ed-a994-27f83242e9ee_zps

As you can see the terminal is to the left of the 10A (red) fuse (which is the rear wiper supply) and it needs to go where the yellow box is.

When under warranty be careful what you do, any excuse to cancel a claim for any reason. Fit a piggy back fuse from the rear wiper fuse point, it's easier

I have no rear wiper hence why I wondered about using the ignition fed supply for it.

It's either have the 12v supplies as ignition fed (as on the Golf etc.. by moving the fuse 1/2 a position) or a case of running an additional 12v ignition fed supply to the O/S/R corner of the car

On my mk2 I found a blank fuse bolder that was switched so just put a piggy back in there. If you have a tester of some sorts check any spare fuse pisitions on the same line as a known switched one.