NOISE IN REAR SUSPENSION

i have a littel noise from the rear both sides when the road is littel bumby not when its a lot bumpu only small bumps sounds like anti rollbar or somthing is not fixed and lose.

i have a l&k 4x4 whithe the elektric susspension.

• Like 1

i have a littel noise from the rear both sides when the road is littel bumby not when its a lot bumpu only small bumps sounds like anti rollbar or somthing is not fixed and lose.

i have a l&k 4x4 whithe the elektric susspension.

Make sure there isn't anything loose in the boot like the spare wheel and such like. 

Does it make the same noise in all of the different suspension modes? 

I have the same rear suspension noise problem in a brand new 280 L&K Combi with DCC suspension. Noise is some kind of clattering which can be heard easily in slow speed while driving for instance on a cobblestone road or passing through slow speed speed bumpers. Very irritating in Skoda "premium" class car. I have made sure that boot is empty from any goods which could cause this noise. Let's wait dealers opinion.

If you've eliminated obvious stuff like loose items in the car and such like. It'll be interesting to see what the dealership has to say about it. Let's hope it's not a 'feature' that's inherent to that suspension system.

Well that is spooky. I was about to start a thread on this topic!

I have the same knocking. Comes from near side rear (UK) in my case. I think it is suspension related as it sounds a bit like cars did years ago when suspensions were somewhat softer and much less sophisticated. It is more noticeable when the car is cold so it could be exhaust components moving about in their brackets? Did all the checks for stuff in the boot and nothing. Cant reproduce by bouncing the car whilst stationery.

Anyway. My car was in the dealers on Friday for them to have a look. As usual, they couldn't reproduce it according to the tech. :thumbdown:  Allegedly have checked for obvious signs of loose components etc but nothing. Half a mile up the road and hey presto there it is. Was going to go back but it was getting late so decided to leave it until Monday.

So, now I will watch this topic with interest instead and see what other dealers have to say about it. I also have an L&K.

Edited by Sagalout
  • Like 1

It has been rather cold (-15..-25 Celsius) here in Finland since I got my car 5 days ago, but I would not blame cold temperature for these clattering noise issues. Brand new car shall work also decently in winter conditions, acutally I'm quite a sure that issue will not disappear when temperatue is raised. There is also an other L&K Superb reported in Finland for these same issues. Mine is born 45/2015.

Edited by lao

Just reading through these posts. I know its another car but my wifes Hyundai did the same thing. Believe it or not it was the rear seat lugs where the seat locks in place these needed adjusting so that they locked in the right place and stopped knocking. This sounded like the suspension was knocking. I find it best to remove parcel shelf. Fold rear seats down and empty boot then take it for a drive. Might be worth a try!

Good thought. I had something similar in a C Class. This noise however is different to that in the Merc; I am pretty certain that it is under the car outside the passenger/boot compartment.

Thanks for the suggestion though and I will check as suggested just in case.

Yes. It's some rubber in rear part of suspension too soft. In Poland problem is known and replaced by new part, but after a month it's coming back, because Skoda was not upgraded the construction.

Edited by Enriquez

I wrote about this noise being more apparent when the vehicle is cold. What I meant by that was when the car compenents are cold rather than any ambient temp.

Interestingly we have just had our first cold snap of the winter here and the rattling, bumping noise was clearly noticeable for a bit longer at the start of my journeys. It is clearly there at slow speed and when driving over bumpy bits of lane/road especially if the turning at a junction where the road is less than level! Howvere, it seems to disappear or at least get much less noticeable once everything has warmed up.

I though it was near side (UK) rear but SWMBO can hear it and says it comes from offside rear.

It still sounds most like suspension bounce to me but??

Looking forward to feedback from others when cars get to the dealers. MY dealer said couldnt hear it and couldnt find anything

I've noticed a similar "rumbling" background noise from my front end, also when the car is started from cold. It's most evident first thing in the morning. It has disappeared by the time I leave my avenue and have pulled onto the main road, which is about a minute's slow speed driving (15-20mph) after starting the car. Can't pinpoint it for sure as a suspension issue as it never lasts long enough to isolate.

• Like 1

My car has been now in dealer and they were able to verify clattering noise as I described from the back side of the car. Dealer contacted factory and factory is aware about the problem but they do not have yet any permanent solution for the fix. According to factory noise is caused by wishbone bushing in cars equipped with DCC suspension. So let's wait solution.

• Like 1

I've had clattering from the back on occasion and I put it down to stuff in the boot but re-reading this thread again it does sound like this issue. Happens quite rarely and I always have music on which drowns it out. As others seems to say it appears on certain bumps and speed combination. Would like to know when this issue is addressed and what the fix is.

Edited by l4wrence

Response from my local after I passed on the info from lao at #19.

----my senior technicians attending a technical Webinar later today, something the manufacturer holds a couple of times a year. The purpose of these is to give the latest technical solutions to issues the factory are aware of before technical bulletins are released. If the issue you are experiencing is something the factory are aware of, and have a solution for, this will be included within the webinar.

I will have my guys look out for this within the Webinar and I will let you know if there is any word on the issue as soon as I know.

I will you posted on any feedback I get.

Edited by Sagalout
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

anyone got it fixed?

my dealer did´t wount to fix my car they whantet to whait on skodas anser how to fix it.

it´s the rubber buchings on the lowe controll arm.

I have an estate 190 L&K 4x4 with DCC that suffers from the same clattering noise from the rear suspension when driving slowly on bump winter roads here in Norway. I have not contacted the dealer yet, but will post any news here.