NOISE IN REAR SUSPENSION

I am from Latvia and bought Superb III with DCC november, 2015. Already since the first week I have noticed this strange rattle sound from rear suspension. I visited my dealer several times in november, december and finally on 13th of january my dealer gave me the answer that factory is aware of this defect. I am not quite sure about the right name in english for this particular part, but it is something like lao at #19 wrote - wishbone bushing. Dealer said to me that factory is designing new bush. So I am waiting the solution for this problem already 4 weeks. I'll give feedback to you when this problem will be solved.

• Like 1

Hello, everyone. I got my car on Monday, and has the same knocking at low speed. With DCC suspension. It is very unpleasant. The dealer showed me TSB for the rear suspension, but said that no decision :no:  ... Hopefully soon have a solution .... Good luck to all.

In order to solve this our common problem I think that we all have to make serious complaints to our dealers, let they continuously make contacts with the factory in order to have new design and no rattle bushes. This is Skoda premium class car and even more - new car, therefore such an "old car" noises shoud't be at all!!!

• Like 1

Has anybody received so far some news or positive solution from dealers concerning the rattle noise in the rear suspension? Mine dealer yesterday (15th Feabruary) said to me that skoda factory is still working on the solution. Maybe it is possible somehow to contact directly the skoda factory. Has anybody tried to do so? I am already completely exausted with this problem as I am waiting for the soluton already for 5 weeks... 

Prior to my current car I had a 13 plate Golf GTI with DCC. It had exactly this problem and over two years of ownership VW could never fix it. There was always some new part in the pipeline that would sort it out, but it never materialised. Gave up on it in the end and it was one of the reasons I sold the Golf.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news! I hope very much at least...! Just received information from my dealier that Skoda factory has manufactured new bushes that would hopefully solve the problem with the rattle in the rear suspension. Delivery would be on the 2nd or 3rd week of March. Awaiting very much!

Good news! I hope very much at least...! Just received information from my dealier that Skoda factory has manufactured new bushes that would hopefully solve the problem with the rattle in the rear suspension. Delivery would be on the 2nd or 3rd week of March. Awaiting very much!

That is good news, please keep the forum updated with how this progresses :)

That is a good question Nick_H. I think I can hear something as well and I don't have DCC. Till now I thought it was the rear door panel or something. After reading this I am not so sure anymore. Have the visit booked for this Sat but if that's the bushes I won't let this garage to fix it. Will keep you posted.

As and when the rear bushes are changed, I wonder if the rear geometry will need checking and adjusting? 

I'm pretty sure I heard something knock at the back of the car when I went over some of London's finest sleeping policemen today.....

Guys, from my recent experience with my dealer (as I visited them for 7!!! times since I bought the car in November last year and since they, together with Skoda factory recognised the sound in middle January) I would say that this dreadful rattling sound in the rear suspension may occour not only with DCC cars. This sound is caused by defected and faulty bushes. Still waiting for the phone call and invitation from my dealer to change these f...ing bushes to the new ones. Keep you updated as soon as will get some result.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

my whife dosent hear the problem and i go nuts on it.

i am goin to have a newspaper come to me today and take some pictures to a articel. skoda sweden has confirmd the problem is in all dcc cars and in sweden they dosent know when it can be fixed.

In all cars it can be some fault but skoda swedens actions in this case is realy bad. have to go to the workshop many times to make them hear the problem. rely bad hope fore a fix soon othervise they can take back the car.

my whife dosent hear the problem and i go nuts on it.

i am goin to have a newspaper come to me today and take some pictures to a articel. skoda sweden has confirmd the problem is in all dcc cars and in sweden they dosent know when it can be fixed.

In all cars it can be some fault but skoda swedens actions in this case is realy bad. have to go to the workshop many times to make them hear the problem. rely bad hope fore a fix soon othervise they can take back the car.

OK. That was discouraging. Was hoping that the problem was fixed. Looking forward to receiving our car soon. Which paper will the article be in as I will definitely will be taking this up with our dealer before pickup.

Today dealer contacted me and invited to visit service as they had received new design wishbone bushes from factory. Of course, I visited service immediately and today they changed these bushes. According to the specification the part No is 3Q0505541. I checked this part in internet: http://etka.cc/vw/part_single/catalog/vw/markt/RDW/modell/PA/year/2015/drive_standart/793/hg_ug/505/subcategory/505005/part_id/3723238#sec_3. Service did also test drive and for deep disatisfaction no any change - the annoying clattering and rattling noise is still there in the rear suspension. The problem is not solved with the change of the bushes. Next week on wednesday I will visit service again. They promised to perform detailed examination. Service said that they will take off stabilization rod and then test the car on the road. If this will not give any positive result, the next possible examination is shock absorber. Maybe somebody of you already find the solution? 

Ok, here's what my dealer told me today:

This is an issue with the (i'm not sure of the english term, but) wishbone that affects the L&K combi, and Skoda knows about this and is working on a fix.

Skickat från min Nexus 6P via Tapatalk

Ok, here's what my dealer told me today:

This is an issue with the (i'm not sure of the english term, but) wishbone that affects the L&K combi, and Skoda knows about this and is working on a fix.

That's what I was trying to say in my post No45:

1. Yes - Skoda factory is aware of the problem (in my case already since 2nd week of January)

2. Yes - Skoda factory clasified this defect as problems with rear wishbone bushes

3. Yes - Skoda factory has designed and elaborated new rear wishbone bushes (in my case these bushes were replaced on 15th of March)

4. No - this is not the solution as clattering and rattling noise is still there

Therefore, I would suggest that we all having this problem push hardly our dealers, let they communicate more insistantly with the factory and finally find the real solution.

• Like 1

Sorry Deerjohn, i guess I'm not really used to the Tapatalk app.. I thought it was one page, but ofc i see all of them now :)

Kinda crazy that they still havn't found a solution (!), the problem has been there for a long time now. And i think it's stupid that they don't tell ppl about this rattling when they order.

I had a L&K sedan as testcar, and they don't make any noice. When i picked up the car i was hoping it was the wheels in the trunk making the noices.... The sadface i got when i emptied the trunk and the noices was still there? Oh god

Today dealer contacted me and invited to visit service as they had received new design wishbone bushes from factory. Of course, I visited service immediately and today they changed these bushes. According to the specification the part No is 3Q0505541. I checked this part in internet: http://etka.cc/vw/part_single/catalog/vw/markt/RDW/modell/PA/year/2015/drive_standart/793/hg_ug/505/subcategory/505005/part_id/3723238#sec_3. Service did also test drive and for deep disatisfaction no any change - the annoying clattering and rattling noise is still there in the rear suspension. The problem is not solved with the change of the bushes. Next week on wednesday I will visit service again. They promised to perform detailed examination. Service said that they will take off stabilization rod and then test the car on the road. If this will not give any positive result, the next possible examination is shock absorber. Maybe somebody of you already find the solution? 

So, you refer to 2015 Passat in the link. Two questions:

1. Is the construction really the same in Passat and Superb? If so, why I haven't heard any complaints from Passat drivers with DCC?

2. If the problem is the part you refer to, why it affects only models with DCC? I doubt that the car with normal suspension has any difference in that part.

And one extra question. Do they still sell and produce cars with faulty DCC or have they somehow managed to fix it in the production line, but cannot fix the existing cars? I guess it must have something to do with the big costs to repair.  

There is something really strange in this case... 

1. I refer to part No 3Q0505541, because this part No was written in service order what was given to me yesterday. Here is link where can find snap shot from the document. It's in latvian, but on the 3rd line is the No of the part https://failiem.lv/u/m96cmahz. And yes, my dealer said that Skoda Superb is buit on the same platform as new Passat - MQB. Therefore similarities shall be. Honestly speaking I haven't heard any complaints from Passat owners as well...

2. I can not really answer to your question, but when on January my dealer informed me that Skoda factory had recognized the problem, they insisted that these bushes are causing the rattling noise. In reality, since yesterday there is proof that bushes are not faulty.

3. When I asked my dealer some month ago similar question - Does Skoda stopped the production of this Superb model with DCC, the answer was - No. Skoda factory is continuing production and if there will be some complaints from some owners, they will change the part - bushes.

I can 100% agree with you, that there is something really strange in this case as I am already fighting and dealing with this problem for 4!!! months.

And one more strange aspect is that my dealer is saying that I am the only one owner in Latvia who is having such a problem, although they have sold several other Superb cars with the same modification and specification as I have. No complaints from other owners so far.