NOISE IN REAR SUSPENSION

Superb

Superšhit

No. Superb is superb. These parts installed in the rear is ****. Once solved. You'll have one of the best, smartest and nicest looking cars in the world.

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Edited by difference
  • Like 3

No. Superb is superb. These parts installed in the rear is ****. Once solved. You'll have one of the best, smartest and nicest looking cars in the world.

Apart from the immortal SsangYong Rexton W of course!

• Like 1

Same here in Finland, no news from the factory regarding this rattle noise issue. Starting to be disappointed for driving almost 4 months with brand new car which is making noises like 10 years old car with worn out suspension components. Incase Skoda is not able to find solution for this I have to require trade demolition as we have right here in Finland incase dealer is not able to fix reported and registered problems in reasonable time, in my opinion several months is not acceptable for brand new car. 

• Like 2

You guys need to send a email to the MD of Skoda UK [email protected]

When I had trouble with my car I contacted him and within hours I had a phone call from a guy called Lloyd who deals with his affairs etc.

Lloyd tried to help out where he could. It's not on that you guys should wait so long for a fix. I had trouble with my L&K and VW finance have taken the car back. The DCC was making noise like you guys describe.

I've now gone for a SEL Exec which I picked up today. No suspension noise so far but that probably due to no DCC. I personally feel that the car feels stonger with the normal suspension system.

Seriously guys contact Skoda UK and try and get some off your money back too.

• Like 1

alasdair.stewart@skoda.co.uk is not the MD of Skoda UK anymore he has moved on the email address no longer works.

Well he was when I was complaining to Skoda in December. I'm sure it's not difficult to find the contact MD?

You guys need to send a email to the MD of Skoda UK [email protected]

When I had trouble with my car I contacted him and within hours I had a phone call from a guy called Lloyd who deals with his affairs etc.

Lloyd tried to help out where he could. It's not on that you guys should wait so long for a fix. I had trouble with my L&K and VW finance have taken the car back. The DCC was making noise like you guys describe.

I've now gone for a SEL Exec which I picked up today. No suspension noise so far but that probably due to no DCC. I personally feel that the car feels stonger with the normal suspension system.

Seriously guys contact Skoda UK and try and get some off your money back too.

I would never want to be without DCC now when I've had it for a few weeks. It's just marvelous. Lovely to run the sport mode on the highway or other smooth roads. Such a difference in the corners. :) Of course skoda will fix this. Can't be any rocket science. Here in Sweden we also have the right to have a refund if the dealer can't fix an issue in three tries. It applies to everything from cars to key rings. :)

• Like 1

We have the same law in the UK. Since October 2015 you can reject within 30 days for a full refund or within six months of purchase you are entitled to a full or partial refund. In the case of cars it is usually a partial refund because the dealer can claim for the use you have had of the vehicle. 

Most important is the fact that the law places the duty on the dealer to prove the fault was not there at the time of purchase and also that the dealers now only have the right to one chance to fix the problem before you can return the vehicle for your refund.

Consumer Rights Act 2015

• Like 1

I would not like a refund anyhow. I rather see a fix. Even if it takes 6 more months.

I really hope though, that this fault does not create other faults. Any one with knowledge who knows about that risk?

I would never want to be without DCC now when I've had it for a few weeks. It's just marvelous. Lovely to run the sport mode on the highway or other smooth roads. Such a difference in the corners. :) Of course skoda will fix this. Can't be any rocket science. Here in Sweden we also have the right to have a refund if the dealer can't fix an issue in three tries. It applies to everything from cars to key rings. :)

You forgot one thing: Skoda have said that the workshops can't touch anything related to this issue, so there won't be any 3 tries to fix it :) Mentioned in this thread(?)

I'm gonna talk to Skoda finance and ask if it's possible for them to buy back the car. I really feel sick with these noices, i'm mostly driving with my -08 Octavia.

Skickat från min Nexus 6P via Tapatalk

You forgot one thing: Skoda have said that the workshops can't touch anything related to this issue, so there won't be any 3 tries to fix it :) Mentioned in this thread(?)

I'm gonna talk to Skoda finance and ask if it's possible for them to buy back the car. I really feel sick with these noices, i'm mostly driving with my -08 Octavia.

Of course they don't before they have a solution. Since every try counts as one out of three. They are not stupid. :)

I hardly notice the sound. Surprised actually, since I notice everything and most often gets ****ed about it.[emoji14]

Would not be able to drive any other car. Since the new Superb is so perfect in any other way. Especially with two wall kids. ;) (That is, not another car below the price of twice the price of the Superb. If you gave me a brand new Audi A6 I might take it, even though it's smaller. ;) )

But Superb is the most nice looking, even compared to A6 or similar cars. So it would still be hard. ;)

Edited by difference
  • Like 2

Apparently some Golfs from 2012 or 13 and onwards had the same issue. There was an article in a Swedish newspaper about it almost two years ago. They had a solution and the person in the article was happy. Except about that VW should have given him some information along the way. So I would assume Superb should be close to a solution since other cars in VAG has had similar issues before. And it was fixed. And in Sweden the dealers and some managers are saying they are on to it. And that people should not return their cars due to this.

Edited by difference

I really like the car and returning car is not definitely preferred option. Also I can not find any better car for my purpose and demands unless paying an extra 30k€. I can live with this noise issue incase there will be a permanent fix available some day but how can I be sure? Trade demolition cost me every day more and more since car is not new in dealers eyes after 6 months of use, termination sucks but I cannot live with noise issue for ever. I really hope that Skoda will fix this latest when MY17 cars are in production, MY17 component and technical changes has to be finished soon, I'm a bit worry if not getting soon info from the factory. Anyhow I will make email to the dealer and demand more detailed status report from the factory.

• Like 1

I really like the car and returning car is not definitely preferred option. Also I can not find any better car for my purpose and demands unless paying an extra 30k€. I can live with this noise issue incase there will be a permanent fix available some day but how can I be sure? Trade demolition cost me every day more and more since car is not new in dealers eyes after 6 months of use, termination sucks but I cannot live with noise issue for ever. I really hope that Skoda will fix this latest when MY17 cars are in production, MY17 component and technical changes has to be finished soon, I'm a bit worry if not getting soon info from the factory. Anyhow I will make email to the dealer and demand more detailed status report from the factory.

Exactly, the car loses value for each day, and i expect a brand new car to not have any issue, or at least that it's fixed right away. No one knows about a fix, just that they have tried lots of stuff that doesn't actually fix the problem. Am i supposed to drive with these noise for 1 month? 1 year? Forever? Nah, i want some compensation for that! :@

Is this problem simply a noise problem and as such the car is still perfectly fine or is it a car problem that will cause issues going forward?

Exactly, the car loses value for each day, and i expect a brand new car to not have any issue, or at least that it's fixed right away. No one knows about a fix, just that they have tried lots of stuff that doesn't actually fix the problem. Am i supposed to drive with these noise for 1 month? 1 year? Forever? Nah, i want some compensation for that! :@

This is not the first time it happens in the car industry. I'm pretty sure no one has gotten any compensation before.

And I really doubt they will not fix the issue.

Look at this and the diesel scandal as a positive thing instead. Now VAG has to work hard to keep their customers, so the service and repairs at official work shops will probably be better than for other cars. Maybe also a bit cheaper than before?

Is this problem simply a noise problem and as such the car is still perfectly fine or is it a car problem that will cause issues going forward?

That's my only concern. As I questioned above. Can issue like this give any other issue? It does not sound like that. But what do you mechanic guys say?

This is not the first time it happens in the car industry. I'm pretty sure no one has gotten any compensation before.

And I really doubt they will not fix the issue.

Look at this and the diesel scandal as a positive thing instead. Now VAG has to work hard to keep their customers, so the service and repairs at official work shops will probably be better than for other cars. Maybe also a bit cheaper than before?

Yea i also doubt we will get any compensation. Still, i'm afraid we will have to wait 'too long' for a fix, and it's stupid of Skoda to fool the customers by not giving a warning about this issue before letting us place the order. They still take orders, and they knew about this for 6 months now. Strange that we havn't heard about this by others that reviewed the car? Could it be that some cars have more noice than others? I'm feeling like an angry 6 year old kid atm.

Yea i also doubt we will get any compensation. Still, i'm afraid we will have to wait 'too long' for a fix, and it's stupid of Skoda to fool the customers by not giving a warning about this issue before letting us place the order. They still take orders, and they knew about this for 6 months now. Strange that we havn't heard about this by others that reviewed the car? Could it be that some cars have more noice than others? I'm feeling like an angry 6 year old kid atm.

I think they are sure about a fix soon. That's why they don't say anything. But I agree that it's bad. Of course.

If they can't fix the car straight away then compensation is a must! Why would you want to keep paying full price for a car that isn't right? I can understand if the car cost 7k and 90,000 miles on it, then you might just bite the bullet.

These Superbs are not cheap. They are premium priced, with most of you guys including me spending 25k plus.

I was so fed up with my L&K that i had to complain. In the end they agreed to take the car back. They also refunded me my deposit of 2k plus £250 goodwill. I still made 5 months worth of payments which they didn't refund which was fair enough.

The Superb is a fantastic car and despite me saying I'm not buying another, I still did.

Personally I think Skoda need to pull their finger out. If they're charging customers good money then they need to provide the service to match.

Anyway guys I hope you get it all sorted. I need a break from this..... I've got 2 Superbs on my drive now

In my opinion, you are overreacting quiet a bit. ;) Unless you car was much worse than the rest of course.

Of course you can't return a used car and get all money back just like that. Even if it had issues. You have used it. And they have the right to try to fix it for you. And the time they have to fix it I guess is different. But I guess it's quit long for cars. Since a car is something that has very long life time. And most people uses a new car for at least three years. I would also guess they have some time since when it comes to cars, you really want a good fix in the first place. It's quiet expensive to take in all cars and fix them. And it's also a hassle for customers to bring it in more than once. It's not like sending a smart phone on repair.

Edited by difference

In my opinion, you are overreacting quiet a bit. ;) Unless you car was much worse than the rest of course.

Of course you can't return a used car and get all money back just like that. Even if it had issues. You have used it. And they have the right to try to fix it for you. And the time they have to fix it I guess is different. But I guess it's quit long for cars. Since a car is something that has very long life time. And most people uses a new car for at least three years. I would also guess they have some time since when it comes to cars, you really want a good fix in the first place. It's quiet expensive to take in all cars and fix them. And it's also a hassle for customers to bring it in more than once. It's not like sending a smart phone on repair.

My car was horrid. Went to 2 different dealers 8 times. They tried various fixes but nothing worked. The new one I have sounds like a mouse compared to my first one

My car was horrid. Went to 2 different dealers 8 times. They tried various fixes but nothing worked. The new one I have sounds like a mouse compared to my first one

Do you have really bumpy and bad roads or do you think your car was worse than i.e. mine?

But you now lack the wonderful DCC. ;)

Anyway. We all hear, see and feel things differently. As I said, I'm surprised that I'm not furious about this issue. But I simply can't hear or feel anything 95% of the time in the car. If it's the roads or that some cars are worse than other, I don't know.

I understand that you got another Superb despite your anger. It's an amazing car. And it looks so f**king good!

Maybe we should stop the discussion and leave this thread for updates regarding the issue itself now. I'm partly messing it up myself. Sorry for that. My own question about the risk of this problem causing other faults, drowns in all posts, were a lot are from myself. ;)

Edited by difference