My New Yeti L&k 150 Tdi

sweeney_todd

Hi all, I've been dipping in and out of this forum for a while now. I previously leased a Fabia Monte Carlo 105 Tdi for 3 years. A great little car, with cracking mpg once the engine had loosened up. However it was time to send it back so I've picked up this snow monster. Got a decent deal through lightcliffe Skoda Warrington. Business lease 3 X 36 payments, 15000 miles a year full maintenance contract for £215 a month (+vat). Having only had it for a week I can only give a limited review, but I've got to say so far I'm impressed. I couldn't order any options as the car was already in the process of being built, but I can't see what else you could possibly need. The engine is going to take a while to loosen up (previous car took 10k miles before I got 60mpg and what felt like full performance) but already this is in a different league. Smooth, powerful, quiet and returning 40mpg so far. The ride is limo like compared to the monte, whilst cruise and heated seats make motorways a breeze. Anyway here's a couple of pics, oh and by the way I'm 39 years young!

post-99012-0-89077900-1453063347_thumb.jpeg

post-99012-0-84416500-1453063366_thumb.jpeg

post-99012-0-20029300-1453063383_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

Good choice, I think the L&K is well equipped as standard. Heated seats are great on cold mornings as the heater takes a while to give some heat.

Have you noticed the crazy headlights on start up? Up down, in out, at least they don't shake it all about!   :D

I agree! Im 44 traded my monte tdi 3months ago for my yeti s tsi 1.2 great car like above yeti is alot smoother than the monte but is was a great car .even though s trim is the entry level its got everything I need .I went for the forest alloys they seem to suit the boxy shape of car better , and you don't seem many in bright red with a white roof!

What happened to the saying "children should be seen but NOT heard".

What's the world coming to.........sigh. (in my day..........))))

It's sometimes rather nice to watch the children playing happily, bless em! 

• Like 3

I'm 24 and I own + drive a GTB turbo'd fabia (fairly predictable) but I'm also insured to use a family member's yeti, usually take the yeti when I can - far nicer to drive! 

And to keep on topic, to the OP, that L&K yeti looks lovely!

Edited by TommyH

I'm 24 and I own + drive a GTB turbo'd fabia (fairly predictable) but I'm also insured to use a family member's yeti, usually take the yeti when I can - far nicer to drive! 

And to keep on topic, to the OP, that L&K yeti looks lovely!

Who let the 'kids' in? ))))

• 3 weeks later...

So I've covered 1200 miles so far and I've got to say what a lovely drive. Plenty of go once you get your foot down, and good road holding in the corners. I was expecting it to be a bit roly poly, but have found once it's settled it really corners well. The engine seems to like revs not like diesels of old. Not that I drive like this constantly but I find its good to know what a car will do should the need arise. A couple of minor negative points, there seems to be a gap in power when you change from 3rd to 4th at around 2500 rpm, it's fine if you change at 3000 or over but there is a definite lag when changing earlier. Cruising on the motorway at 70 to 75 produces a drone from the engine that can be quite annoying but once past 80 vanishes. I put these niggles down to me adjusting to a new car so I'm sure after a few months I won't even notice them. Overall though I'm extremely impressed and summed up by my daughter in one word "smooth!"

Good choice, I think the L&K is well equipped as standard. Heated seats are great on cold mornings as the heater takes a while to give some heat.

Have you noticed the crazy headlights on start up? Up down, in out, at least they don't shake it all about!   :D

Hi Mike, the headlights is the normal start up procedure for a car with xenon lights, mine does it too. It is just the system setting the limits and centre point for the lights. Have you noticed that they also turn when you go round corners to light up round the bend?

Ian