Mr clutch ok or avoid at all costs?

theo_k

So the pressure plate from my VR6 kit started making a rattling noise, naturally I think and was told the release bearing gave up and thus I am changing the whole kit(pressure plate, disc, release bearing).  I was wondering whether Mr Clutch is a place to trust?  I was quoted £262 VAT included just for labor costs.  I will be providing the parts.

Should I trust them?  Anyone had a good or bad experience?

A few others were well over the £300 mark

Having had my father in law's clutch done there recently on his Fabia diesel because it had broken down and he had it towed there, I can conclusively say that was probably the worst decision I have ever made in my life.

As others have said, try and find an Indy or trusted local garage with a good reputation to do it for you. Are you North or South London?.

Without going into detail, lets just say they left some securing items loose of a very safety related nature on an 83 year old man's car. It shouldn't be ok for anyone at any age, but at his age he was never going to find them on his own.

Thanks guys. Will not be going to Mr Clutch.

Already in talks with a familiar to Briskoda mechanic, I am sorted out now. Thanks for your input.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

tbh I had my engine fall out after getting a cambelt done at a Skoda dealership, they eventually replaced the fubar'd engine but very grudgingly and its taken up loads of my time and money diagnosing the many, many fresh issues it came back to me with after the 'professionals' touched my car.

• 3 weeks later...

It seems as if there was supposed to be a screw there. Just noticed it today. Any ideas anyone?

I am talking about right under the yellow top screw.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Edited by theo_k