Arrived - MY16 Skoda Rapid Spaceback - Corrida Red - Photos / Ownership Thread

I guess they want to promote SEAT as the "sporty" brand.

Or maximising profit... Pacific Blue is was free... Candy White or Corrida Red £175 and the rest around £350 ish i think

• Like 1

Cheers guys...

One thing to add.. There's loads of storage under the boot floor around the tyre compressor gunk. (no inserts as did not go for any packs or spare wheel)

Cheers guys...

One thing to add.. There's loads of storage under the boot floor around the tyre compressor gunk. (no inserts as did not go for any packs or spare wheel)

I do have a spare (technically a full size steely) and I agree, plenty of storage space. I've crammed a warning triangle, cylumes, high-viz, spare gloves, a torch and all sorts of 'emergency' kit in there. Probably the biggest selling point of the Hatchback for me - the staggeringly huge boot for what is a fairly compact car. Perfect for a family of four with 2 primary school-age kids.

lets hope I do not need to access all my useful emergency kit when the boot is chock-full of luggage...  :notme:

• Like 1

Likewise, I have a full size 15inch spare wheel (the can of gunk is sod-all use if you ever have a full-on blow-out, not to mention it trashes the tyre and makes a right mess of the rim if used). Have been able to cram all sorts of stuff in the space around the spare though.

I've got my 12v tyre pump, jump leads, a decent wheel brace, some warning lights and other bits and pieces.

• Like 1

I do have a spare (technically a full size steely) and I agree, plenty of storage space. I've crammed a warning triangle, cylumes, high-viz, spare gloves, a torch and all sorts of 'emergency' kit in there. Probably the biggest selling point of the Hatchback for me - the staggeringly huge boot for what is a fairly compact car. Perfect for a family of four with 2 primary school-age kids.

lets hope I do not need to access all my useful emergency kit when the boot is chock-full of luggage... :notme:

Don't forget there's a pouch for your high viz under the driver's seat :)

Edited by RapidPaul
  • Like 2

100 miles in now, all going good, the engine is a good little unit, plenty of torque and is fun to drive within reason. 

Sounds fine too!!

so far it pulled 55pmg on a 15 mile A road route when AVG speed 26mpg.

Long term is 37MPG, but this includes a lot of running on idle whioh i expect will impact this.

Im going to reset the long term MPG today and monitor.... (ps - does this roll over at X mileage ? or continue to increase over time)

100 miles in now, all going good, the engine is a good little unit, plenty of torque and is fun to drive within reason. 

Sounds fine too!!

so far it pulled 55pmg on a 15 mile A road route when AVG speed 26mpg.

Long term is 37MPG, but this includes a lot of running on idle whioh i expect will impact this.

Im going to reset the long term MPG today and monitor.... (ps - does this roll over at X mileage ? or continue to increase over time)

It rolls over eventually, can't remember the exact mileage, might be based on 999hrs or 9999 miles or similar.

Mine ticked over 8000 today and the engine is peachy. Very sweet little unit, and I've come from a BMW 2.5 inline-6 :)

• Like 1

I think I remember mine resets the trip and averages at 5000km - about 3100 miles.

The trip computer on earlier cars has 2 modes.

mode 1 resets if car is switched off for 2 hours - gives journey average speed, mpg, distance etc

mode 2 is the long term one giving same figures since last reset(up to 5000km I think).

I do know our Ibiza resets the trip mileage every 2000 miles.

On another point, the Toledo came with boot dividers for those recesses behind the arches - this makes an easily accessible place for hi-viz, de-ice and other essential items. I bet you can get them from Skoda.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

Very sweet little unit, and I've come from a BMW 2.5 inline-6 :)

My other car which has now gone to make room for my New Superb Combi (due March) was a 6 cylinder 5 series :)

Thanks Both :)

Edited by RickTT

Information about 'Trip 2' should be in the Owner's Manual:

Total-trip memory (memory 2)
The total distance driven memory gathers data from any number of individual journeys up to a total of 99 hours and 59 minutes driving or 9,999
kilometres or miles driven. The memory is deleted when either of these limits is reached and the calculation starts from anew.

The total distance driven memory gathers data from any number of individual journeys up to a total of 99 hours and 59 minutes driving or 9,999
kilometres or miles driven. The memory is deleted when either of these limits is reached and the calculation starts from anew.

Ah. That's why I thought it was 5000 kms - I drive around that far in 99hrs 59mins( with my normal overall average speed being low 30's mph.)

I have a MY16 car and my long term mpg reset a couple of days ago (to my irritation). It reset at about 6800 miles, which I suppose is around 10000 Km - so that figures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 nodes now.

Since Refueling

Long Term

Since Start up

That's convenient. I have to reset my long term (mode 2) every time I refuel.

One question, the "since start up" mode, resets on every start up or like the old mode, on every start up when it is off for more than two hours?

That's convenient. I have to reset my long term (mode 2) every time I refuel.

One question, the "since start up" mode, resets on every start up or like the old mode, on every start up when it is off for more than two hours?

It only resets if the cars been off for 2 hours ish.

• Like 1

Just done a bit of a demo / workthrough video of the infotainment, settings etc

(note - i put the front fog light on to ensure the cluster was lit up rather than sat parking with the headlights on. ---)

Edited by RickTT
  • Like 3

20160131_2028562_zpsnv2vjvpz.jpg

Car has now got 180 ish miles on it.

The Mrs has just returned from a trip out so thought I would check the mpg.

All A roads, with a bit of traffic.. Max speed was about 50mph she says but a pretty slow route as you can see from the time and average speed.

Not a bad mpg return for the type of driving on such a new engine if you ask me.

The TDI was the right choice I think.