Arrived - MY16 Skoda Rapid Spaceback - Corrida Red - Photos / Ownership Thread

Im really hoping my 1.2 tsi mpg improves as its a bit hit and miss at the moment. Struggling to get about 40 at the moment but my commute is only 10 miles with lots of traffic. Seems OK on longer runs of course but youve got to be gentle with it. As soon as you drive a little quicker it plummets!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

To be honest my commute is about as gentle as it comes. I've managed to exceed 'book' combined figures in almost all of the cars I've had... I reckon I'll average 51-53mpg long term. I'd expect 5-10mpg better from the diseasal. 

Keep the updates coming Rick, sorry for taking it a bit off-topic :)

• Like 1

Happy and safe miles RickTT!

The missing engine cover is normal, don't worry about that.

Can you make a video of a short drive? I am curious to see the difference between the 1.4 and the older 1.6 TDI on the Rapid.

Here you go -

Approx 75% throttle in 1st and 2nd, eased off a bit in 3rd. 

4'c, up a incline.

Edited by RickTT
  • Like 2

A nice thrum to it though, it'll obviously not be anywhere near as noisy under more normal driving. But I also don't regret going for the petrol. :)

Just wrote a big reply then firefox crashed.

So i will do a short version.

Biggest run for the car so far this weekend .

2 adults, 2 kiddies and luggage plus plenty of beer and wine!

Car performed great, good at cruising with no issues.Car not not driven for a max MPG run and was not driven light by any standard.

Below are the figures, 5 miles A Road - 5 miles B road and the rest motorway each way.

Car was re-fueled before we set off.

20160207_130108_zpsss0zwchp.jpg

20160207_130104_zpsyjbxgflm.jpg

Edited by RickTT
  • Like 1

Just a quick update .. Just done the below this evening... Good average speed, but this was no mpg run to say the least but the SB has returned a decent figure if I'm honest..

It was a pleasure to drive and cruised really well...

20160212_2201322_zpsmkdj7gri.jpg

Don't forget that was Friday tea time traffic and included plenty of stop starts etc... Did well for the average speed to keep high :)

No.. Never test drove the tsi as the tdi worked out cheaper due to emmsions (bik) over all.. Plus better mpg.

I'm fact never even test drive the car... Just ordered it after sitting in one at the dealership after going to look at Superb 's !! (mine arrives next month!)

The car has now rolled over 1000 miles in just short of 3 weeks.

Today's drive was a swift 227 miles with a perfect clear run.   The MPG has taken a bit of a battering though on this one but still very respectable in my opinion.  A lot of this route was on cruise control and i'm sure this uses more fuel than my right foot,

Once again the car has driven perfect... though it really needs a wash now!

20160214_114030_zpsnccdjysy.jpg

Edited by RickTT

Great thread about your Rapid. Looks great with the tech, much which looks familiar to me from my Polo. Considering the average speed that you did, 47 mpg is pretty good. I can easily achieve 60 mpg in my Polo with similar engine. Will follow with interested. Tempted to maybe look at a Rapid later in the year. Shame there isn't a cowling over the engine. So much to keep a clean looking appearance to the engine bay!

Edited by threadbear
  • Like 1

I now have the mph display like yours and 'dial staging/needle sweep' thanks to a visit to gadgetman yesterday :) Makes me feel slightly less disappointed by not having a MY16 :)

• Like 1

Car is going into the garage for an inspection tomorrow for a knock in reverse from the front end which has been present since new.   (See thread regarding finer details)

Update to follow.

Never mind the ice, what's the update on the knocking noise?

Sent from my iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

• Like 1

Never mind the ice, what's the update on the knocking noise?

Sent from my iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

From them looking at it this morning, everything is solid and they was unable to replicate it... even though i was able top replicate it in the car park.

Everything is solid, however they have the car on the 2nd week of March to fix it, while i will have a hire car.

I think its brake related, sticking caliper maybe now as if you drive forward then reverse again it fails to replicate the issue.

watch this space