Arrived - MY16 Skoda Rapid Spaceback - Corrida Red - Photos / Ownership Thread

Just done a bit of a demo / workthrough video of the infotainment, settings etc

(note - i put the front fog light on to ensure the cluster was lit up rather than sat parking with the headlights on. ---)

That infotainment is better than my Octy VRS! Smart link and DAB station pictures!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

That infotainment is better than my Octy VRS! Smart link and DAB station pictures!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought it was the same unit ??

Couple of pics on the VRS Combi review i did.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/343166-o3-vrs-tdi-combi-my-review-of-demo-car-and-questions/

dab station pictures are available in a download file from VAG.

i have the file but its not compatible with my previous version amundsen+ :(

I like the new model radio display but not the Nav which is very cluttered.

Edited by camelspyyder

MPG update -

20160223_231345_zpsxy9rlyuv.jpg

20160223_231331_zpsuegqmnta.jpg

20160223_231324_zps7ximr2sy.jpg

Note - i never did reset the long term MPG. Car was delivered with 7miles on the clock and the long term was in line with this.

Theres no way of knowing how long the engine had sat idling, but in the grand scheme, its not that important.

Note - the car does typically 10 miles a day round trip. (not the typical oil burner route i know.)

• 2 weeks later...

Mpg seems to be getting better now as the miles go on it taking into account this short trip from cold on a roads in traffic

20160309_1720202_zpsb2z9s4th.jpg

Im really impressed with the MPG, so is my bank account.

Edited by RickTT
  • Like 1

The long term mpg has crept down a bit following the car now been used more local , however the since start mpg continues to return a decent mpg and more so the since refuel based on the average speed and number of hours

Cars running great still, but will now get used a bit less by me as my new mk3 Superb SE Business estate arrives on Monday .

20160315_193939_zpsgap4eci4.jpg

20160315_193852_zpsrbdvvavj.jpg

Edited by RickTT

May I ask if these figures coincide with measurements of your own? Like full tank, miles driven divided by the gallons for another empty-to-full tank?

My 1.6 TDI has a slightly optimistic trip computer as I have confirmed, and I have never seen more than 47 mpg (although I usually drive in the city, with AC on and consider myself a heavy footer).

Edited by eyegr

From the number of litres required and distance covered it worked out within 1mpg of what the comp said, as a result I have stopped manually logging it, (plus the Mrs refuled last time.)

(i will do a manual test again once this tank iis Down to the fumes.)

But I felt as it was pretty close, may log it this way

May I ask if these figures coincide with measurements of your own? Like full tank, miles driven divided by the gallons for another empty-to-full tank?

My 1.6 TDI has a slightly optimistic trip computer as I have confirmed, and I have never seen more than 47 mpg (although I usually drive in the city, with AC on and consider myself a heavy footer).

The trip computer is definitely opotimistic by about 6-7% in my car.

My '14 reg is 6% over as well.

1.5 - 2mpg consistently in mine - I record this every fill up, so 3-4% ish. I suspect this can be calibrated with VCDS, can anyone confirm?

• Like 1

Right... My new car has arrived today so im expecting i will drive the SB SE Sport less over the coming months and leave it to the MRS...

Really liked driving the SB when i have done over the last 2 months..  will continue to update this thread

20160321_113059_zpskwdjhrro.jpg

20160321_113108_zpsicllrqxn.jpg

20160321_111419_zpsynrceskp.jpg

More photos here -

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/378163-ordered-a-se-business-combi/?p=4567622

Edited by RickTT
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Time for a quick update on the SB SE Sport MPG

So, the car is not getting used as much now my new Superb has arrived.

The car is doing around 70 miles (ish) a week used around 4 or 5 days a week on the work commute, shops and school runs etc..

15th March - 1483 Miles - MPG Long Term 46.6mpg  http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/386039-arrived-my16-skoda-rapid-spaceback-corrida-red-photos-ownership-thread/?p=4562035

07 April - 1747 Miles - MPG Long Term 46.6mpg  (Yes - the same)

264 Miles covered in 22 days.

Car delivered on the 25th Jan - Current date  07th April

73 days owned - 1747 Miles = 23 miles a day.

However exclude the 550 miles to Kent as that was a one off and the car wont do that mileage run again -

= 73 days - 1247 Miles = 17 Miles a day average.

(Also, before the petrol would work out better comment :) .... it didnt due to the BIK tax on the car been cheaper than a petrol, plus the increased MPG / poss like for like. (Car is on a fully maintained contract)

20160407_184606_zpssgxvmxf6.jpg

20160407_184602_zpsepeulc6m.jpg

20160407_184555_zpswlj9fqhr.jpg

Car is still going good, though if I have to admit, it does feel a bit lighter built to my new Superb, plus the 1.4 TDI Engine noise is a lot higher in the cabin compared to my 2.0tdi. Its a combination of engine and sound proofing.

Mrs still loves the car and it looks great on the drive next to the Superb.

Edited by RickTT

• 1 month later...

Time for another update one month on.

Mileage 2235 -

Mileage covered since last update on 7th April - 488miles in approx 35 days.

Since refueling - 95 miles covered @ 48.5mpg in 4 hours 47mins.

Long Term - 97hours 24 mins - 2235

Car delivered on 25th Jan = 108 days.

2235 Miles / 108 days = 20.6 miles per day.

Exclude the 550 miles to Kent one off trip = 1685 miles, which is 15.6 Miles per day.

Since Start figures tend to stay around 48mpg from cold for the short runs the car is doing at present.

Car is to get a bit of mileage this weekend to ensure a DPF regen completes a full cycle.

The avg MPG based on the journey is around the 48mpg mark with the car not driven in a eco manner.

I have not driven the car now for at least a month at a guess, still happy with it and no problems to report.

20160512_203724_zps70tcy1ai.jpg

20160512_203652_zpsocc3pq1j.jpg

20160512_203640_zpseo2jcjsn.jpg

20160512_203630_zpse6hrarhu.jpg

Edited by RickTT

I don't know how VAG have the nerve to publish Urban 67.3 Extra Urban 83.1 Combined 78.5 as the mpg figure for this car.

Yours is missing the combined figure by over 30mpg - for me this is more of a scandal than the emissions one!

Outraged of Englandshire

I don't know how VAG have the nerve to publish Urban 67.3 Extra Urban 83.1 Combined 78.5 as the mpg figure for this car.

Yours is missing the combined figure by over 30mpg - for me this is more of a scandal than the emissions one!

Outraged of Englandshire

The figures are calculated over a 6.8 mile lab test. The test is set by government agencies to benchmark between cars, 'real world' will always differ as everyone drives differentlay but no car manufacturer can set different mpg test for their car.

What they (and all manufacturers) publish is just the resul of a standard test. Helps you compare cars, but really doesn't give you a real world view of what to expect.

Edited by Sam@

I don't know how VAG have the nerve to publish Urban 67.3 Extra Urban 83.1 Combined 78.5 as the mpg figure for this car.

Outraged of Englandshire

The figures quoted from the maxi dot though can be increased loads.... let me explain..

The car does school runs....in morning arrives 15 mins early for a parking space... engine sits on idle keep occupants warm or cold and repeated on an afternoon.

As you can see from the "time" on the long term, 97 hours for small mileage.

When the car is on idle, the AVG mpg is ticking away downwards which really pushes the overall MPG down due to the mileage v time.

The reason stop start was introduced was to lower emissions and improve MPG figures

The car can produce decent MPG on a long run as detailed earlier in the thread.

20160212_2201322_zpsmkdj7gri.jpg

Once the long term rolls over, im going to suggest the engine is turned off at every opportunity to see what improvements can be made. 

Edited by RickTT

The figures are calculated over a 6.8 mile lab test. The test is set by government agencies to benchmark between cars, 'real world' will always differ as everyone drives differentlay but no car manufacturer can set different mpg test for their car.

What they (and all manufacturers) publish is just the resul of a standard test. Helps you compare cars, but really doesn't give you a real world view of what to expect.

True but most salesmen don't tell customers the real world figures. Even the media (AutoExpress in particular) stress the test figures way more than the real world.

In the USA Skoda would get sued out of existence for even suggesting the car would do 65-85 mpg when it clearly wont.

I am living over here again and the Mustang I had last month did 16mpg in town and 25mpg on the long commute - The EPA published figures for the car are 16 and 25.

• Like 1

Same with Lexus. Seriously over optimistic. I'm supposed to be getting 79mpg. There's no way even on electric I can do that. Best so far is 57(calculated).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk