Lightswitch - illumination

The sidelight symbol light is certainly meant to be illuminated when you're in AUTO mode and when the light sensor thinks that the low beam should be on.

Personally, I have always thought that doesn't make sense - why illuminate the sidelight symbol when the car has put your lowbeam on? Maybe someone out there with more wisdom than me can enlighten me? 

In terms of whether it's on all the time - I doubt it should be (although I have not checked for sure in my car). Perhaps it is always on when the light level is low enough that the car thinks the lowbeam should be on, regardless of whether they are or not. That would make some sort of sense. Does the light ever go off in direct sunlight? Do your lowbeams turn off in direct sunlight in AUTO mode? If not, either the sensor might be broken or the sensitivity might need adjusting - particularly given your location.

I will need to check mine but as it is in auto is it simply showing that the side lights are on but the auto does not deem it dark enough for the dipped beams to be on which is the next one. Just guessing.

This is what the manual says

"If the light switch is in the position AUTO, the symbol illuminates when the ignition is switched on next to the light switch. If the low beam is activated with the light sensor, the symbol (SIDELIGHT) illuminates additionally next to the light switch."

This implies that AUTO should light when in auto mode and lights are off, but buth AUTO and (SIDELIGHT) should light up if the light sensor switches on the lowbeams.

Not sure whether mine does this - I don't remember ever seing the AUTO light up (just the SIDELIGHT symbol)...

Today inn daylight and in automode, the lights stayed om lowbeam so maybe there is something else wrong. The switch works when i change between the different Modes.

Sent fra min H60-L04 via Tapatalk

Today inn daylight and in automode, the lights stayed om lowbeam so maybe there is something else wrong. The switch works when i change between the different Modes.

There are conditions when the dipped beam will come on/stay on even in auto mode for example if you are driving in rain your wipers have been engaged continuously for a period of time, if you drive about a certain speed (about 80mph or more I think) the dipped beam will automatically come on so that specific issue it may not be a problem as such

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Checked mine tonight, in Auto in the dark with the headlights on the 'Auto' and 'sidelight' positions were both illuminated brighter.

If your 'Auto' text on the switch is not brighter when in Auto with the dipped headlights on I'm guessing that this suggests you have a problem.

Thank you, I recently used Carista app, but not sure if this has anything to do with it. So now I need to find out where the fault is, the switch, the sensor or code....