Rattle sound from dashboard :(

Or6699

hello friends,

this month I stared to hear rattle noises from the dashboard

mostly when I driving on slowdown bumper, bad roads.

from the dashboard left & right sides.

my car is only 7 months old.

mostly i drive slowly

Did someone experience this too?

thanks.

post-135107-0-98135700-1453904480_thumb.jpg

Edited by Or6699

So i had to reply on this as i have a weird sound in mine too. My being a right hand drive (UK), i have some noise coming from the left side of the car, around the windscreen pillar, passanger side somewhere, it rattles at any speed over lets say 20mph, and it's annoying.

The actual source of the rattle is still escaping me.

check the glove box as it has a small deep hollow at the bootom where stuff gets lost and rattles like fook

Spot on :)

I had a rattle that only went away when you pushed in on the glove box door. Took it to dealer and established that it was a loose clip in the vent for the blowers to your feet and that was the rattle. It sounded like it was coming from the dash/handbrake area.

Are you sure it is in the dash? I had a similar situation last summer with an intermittent rattle that was driving me crazy - it turned out to be something sligtly loose inside the internal rear view mirror. The dealer had the car and glued something inside the mirror, but now the rattle is slowly coming back again

• 2 weeks later...

So i had to reply on this as i have a weird sound in mine too. My being a right hand drive (UK), i have some noise coming from the left side of the car, around the windscreen pillar, passanger side somewhere, it rattles at any speed over lets say 20mph, and it's annoying.

The actual source of the rattle is still escaping me.

I'm getting exactly this too.. It drives me bonkers!

Can't be a coincidence surely?

"i have some noise coming from the left side of the car, around the windscreen pillar, passanger side somewhere, it rattles at any speed over lets say 20mph, and it's annoying."

Perhaps had similar noise.

The interior roof upholstery is a rather loose fit.

I just manipulated it with the fingers, and the weak noise disappeared.

Hope it's the same source for the noise as your experience.

post-126277-0-07500000-1455971451_thumb.jpg

I

Edited by torslunde

And as your picture shows there's an airbag and electrical stuff behind there that could be a little loose?

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone! Long time lurker first time poster! About to put my cash down on a Fabia 1.2TSI 90hp with the 215/45/R16s and I'm wondering if some of the later build Fabias are any better in the squeak and rattle area? Thanks!  :notme:

My glove box squeaks,especially on slightly bumpy roads (car first registered 1st March). I think it's the stays/hinges on either side;plastic against plastic.

There's nothing in it to make it rattle,so I'm going to rub a little silicone on the stays/hinges and see if that works.

In an otherwise excellent car it is annoying as  I admit to being a little bit of a perfectionist.

Edited by RickW
  • Like 1

Hahaha I suffer from the same! Have a Focus Mk3 at the moment and the occasional rattle is driving me insane too! Good to hear that its just the glove box. Wedging foam into places always helps, as it restricts movement and hence prevents contact between hard surfaces, eliminating rattles.

I have an annoying rattle from the driver side B pillar in the area of the sliding seat belt mechanism. The dealer has looked at it, and now is looser than the passenger side. I keep slapping wax and silicone spray in the joints etc with little effect.

I have an annoying rattle from the driver side B pillar in the area of the sliding seat belt mechanism. The dealer has looked at it, and now is looser than the passenger side. I keep slapping wax and silicone spray in the joints etc with little effect.

On my Fabia it is the fabric of the ceiling rubbing against the plastic covering the B pillar.

For now I hav just squeezed in some paper between the fabric and plastic.

post-126277-0-24648400-1459066039_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hello Fellow Fabia Owners,

I'm hoping someone may be able to help given that my local Skoda dealer can't help me.

Ive only done 500KM's in my new 1.2 Petrol and I have two very annoying rattles in the dashboard.

A few people have complained about the left near the glovebox (Mines a RHD Fabia) but I cannot work it out.

Have opened, closed, tightened screws and everything. Its move of a ticking sound over lumps and bumps in the road, really tainting my love for the little car... The other rattle is coming in the centre of the dash up near the demister. Annoying and distracting also.. Very disappointed in build quality and help from the dealer, only purchased the car 4 weeks ago! Crazy 

HELP!!!!

• 3 months later...

Had a wicked rattle in mine almost to the point I was about to smash it with a hammer tried touching various points on the dash door panels centre console

****** sunglasses in the holder

I hate rattles

I thought I had a rattle inside the dashboard as well - it turned out to be something loose in the rear view mirror :) I was able to verify this by pushing on the backside of the mirror, and then the rattle stopped. Dealership fixed the thing later once it was found.