Engine workshop-brake light switch

MilanM

Hello.

I need help.

Yesterday I start up my car and noticed"Engine workshop" message on maxidot, also abs and esp sing on dash.

I googled to see whats the problem, bcse Im really delighted with Sup, and was afraid is it something really bad.

However it is problem with brake light swithc witch is apparently common problem for Audi A4, Passat b5.5 and Superb.

Does anyone know how can it be fixed on our car and have experiance and desire to write off how to do it?

If I understood that brake light switch can be repaired or replaced...but I dont know what to do.

Did any of you had this problem?

Thank you very much..for help

Hi,

I had the same problem, i also had my break lights stay on from time to time.

This is the part i got. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-OCTAVIA-SUPERB-BRAKE-STOP-LIGHT-SWITCH-3B0945511C-110827-/181701789788

Can't advice how to fit it though. Think there is a 'how to' floating around on the forum. 

Hello.

I need help.

Yesterday I start up my car and noticed"Engine workshop" message on maxidot, also abs and esp sing on dash.

I googled to see whats the problem, bcse Im really delighted with Sup, and was afraid is it something really bad.

However it is problem with brake light swithc witch is apparently common problem for Audi A4, Passat b5.5 and Superb.

Does anyone know how can it be fixed on our car and have experiance and desire to write off how to do it?

If I understood that brake light switch can be repaired or replaced...but I dont know what to do.

Did any of you had this problem?

Thank you very much..for help

Common fault on many VAG cars including Golf and my Octavia - Very cheap and easy fix though  :D

http://uk-mkivs.net/topic/25079-replacing-brake-light-switch/