Am I just unlucky?

Adenuf

Juddering again today...TWICE, probably out of 100 clutch releases?

Mentioned this this evening to the dealer as I'm really starting to get agitated now.

Response....."Bring it over and demonstrate this problem to us, but.unless it does it for us, we cannot help as SUK will reject the warranty claim, and WE would have to pay for the replacement, which we will not do".

"only twice today" I was asked?

Sort of saying that is acceptable then I presume?

I suggested I will ring up SUK, but was told theat they will merely point me back to them.

Seems like I'm drawing a firm blank here....SHUT UP YOUR MOANING AND PUT UP in other words it seems  :devil:

Ring Skoda UK.

The dealer is right, Skoda UK always need the opinion of one of their dealers before doing too much, but as you've already been in several times then it is time for Skoda UK to get involved.

Make contact now, get a case open and ready.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ring Skoda UK.

The dealer is right, Skoda UK always need the opinion of one of their dealers before doing too much, but as you've already been in several times then it is time for Skoda UK to get involved.

Make contact now, get a case open and ready.

Done.

One of their tech advisors is ringing the main dealer on Monday, and then ringing me back on Tuesday apparently.

Lawrie's told me this is what they'd do, and in essence told me that nothing will change from their point of view.

I fear this will be correct

I feel as though this a bit of a case of a dog chasing its tail  unfortunately.

Yesterday, it was the worst ever, juddering in first and second, and also reverse.

Today....nothing at all. :notme:

IMO, SUK should at least authorise a strip down for inspection to see if their is any contamination on the clutch plate.

SOMETHING must be causing it, as i am not imagining it and am not a serial moaner about nothing, not imagining it, and don't have the time or inclination  to be wasting on stupid issues like this.

I am self employed, and am getting annoyed that I'm having to dedicate so much of my working time trying to resolve this issue.

Edited by Adenuf

They either sort this pronto, or I'm getting out of VAG products for good, which will be a shame after 12 years of being a dedicated customer of theirs.

Let's see if they REALLY care ey?

Hopefully they do.

Bit ironic, but my user name is really ringing true at the moment!

Edited by Adenuf

all the electrical gremlins remind me about a neighbour of mine and his MkII Octavia - he had quite a few over a period of months following delivery - turned out to be the battery earth lead that wasn't properly tightened up so was causing an intermittent and variable voltage drop...

I've had mine from new, and near enough 95000 miles later, I've had none of these problems.

However, my (now ex) boss bought a 62 plate Superb and the clutch on that disintegrated at about 23000 miles. It was replaced under warranty. I can't recall what the exact problem was......

all the electrical gremlins remind me about a neighbour of mine and his MkII Octavia - he had quite a few over a period of months following delivery - turned out to be the battery earth lead that wasn't properly tightened up so was causing an intermittent and variable voltage drop...

On my way, spanner in hand.

Don't think it'll help the clutch problem mind.

Told them...politely I hasten to add, as 'losing it' gets you total disinterest, that I have a 11 year old Fabia vRS on the path with 105,000 miles on it, and apart from a battery and general annual service items, nothing has ever needed repairing or replacing, hence the reason for my gross disappointment with the Superb.

I still think I've just been a bit unlucky, as the vast majority seem generally very happy with their purchase. 

Hi

had to have new clutch on my 2011 superb after 42 .000 m first new clutch since 1964 mini so quite annoyed when dealer blamed by driving or fact I tow a caravan only tow twice a year, so less than 3000 miles towing, wrote to Skoda but help from them, now Sat Nav playing up, first and last Skoda  and never recommend to any one  :sweat:    :sweat:

• Like 1

SUK , albeit polite and pleasant to deal with, and rang back when they said they would, have unfortunately rejected my complaint, and will not help unless I can demonstrate this intermittant fault to one of their trained techies at a dealership of my choice.

The only other suggestion was for me to take it in to have the clutch removed and inspected for contamination, but I would have to sign a disclaimer stating that I would foot the bill in FULL if nothing untoward was found.

Extremely disappointed, but yes, I do understand where he was coming from. Doesn't fix the problem however.

He's suggested I try to live with it, and see if it gets any worse and more continual, therby making a fault easier to confirm.

I feel the end of a 12 year relationship  and 6 car purchase of Skoda products very sadly coming to an end shortly.

I told them this, but all they could do was apologise for my disappointment of the not very superb Superb.

I didn't even bother wasting my breath about the other ongoing intermittent problems.....failing central locking, and headlights going out unexpectedly, as the dealer said...."no faults found", so no point even discussing it further, and lets not discuss the fixed faults, i.e. failed maxidot, unit,  radio that wouldn't turn off and the knackered rear wiper motor assembly.

Yup, to answer my original and thread headline question, I really do think I've just been unlucky, hey ho.

Edited by Adenuf

• 7 months later...

I too have a dodgy rear wiper motor, clutch and DMF failed at 39k, and my radio turns itself on and off. Luckily getting a Nissan leaf soon so more dodgy Skoda flywheels. And dont bother using Wolverhampton Skoda, they are utterly useless - cant even screw a diesel filter on correctly - causing diesel to leak, and couldnt even fit the pollen filter correctly. Went back twice and contacted Skoda UK. They are now looking into the dealership more in depth.

Mate of mine does his Octy VRS in for a service and they overfilled it with oil.