Skoda 'ensurance'

RickW

I'm thinking about signing up for Skoda 'ensurance' (not insurance) when my new car arrives.

Anyone got it and is there a catch as it's free?.

Edited by RickW

Not really sure,it could cause conflict or make the insurer increase premiums?

If anyone has used it,let us know how you got on please.

I'm thinking about signing up for Skoda 'ensurance' (not insurance) when my new car arrives.

Anyone got it and is there a catch as it's free?.

I looked up Skoda assurance and on the application form there is a tick box to say you have read the terms and conditions and a link to them it runs to eleven pages. It may be worth reading through it. I just glanced through and there is a list of exclusions it may be worth reading through them before ticking the box Joe

Yes thanks,i've read the Skoda Ensurance booklet and can't see a problem with it?

They say you don't get something for nothing and i'm wondering if there's a catch?

I just don't want any trouble down the line if something happens,or have I to pay out for something because I agreed to A,B or C.

Edited by RickW

When I first got the Audi ensurance emails coming in after I'd bought my Audi S4, I assumed that these messages were spam etc, ie a wrong spelling of insurance - what you might expect from foreign(?) spammers, so I binned them. After seeing further mention of "ensurance" else where from the VAG web based info, I dug deeper and discovered that it was "okay" so stopped binning any communications from them, BTW I did not ever feel the need to use it!  I think that as well as being as described in previous postings, it makes sure used VAG cars are being repaired in VAG run bodyshops, which increases revenues to the aftermarket VAG businesses. As said it would probably avoid you needing to make your case with where your car went to to get fixed after an accident. I think it runs out or they lose interest before your car ages down to the clunker stage of its life though.

By law you are free to choose where your vehicle is repaired. They may word it so that it is suggested you should use one of your insurers partners, but if you tell them 'I want Skoda to fix it' they have to do that. Ensurance is pointless, unless you're the one running the scheme.

By law you are free to choose where your vehicle is repaired. They may word it so that it is suggested you should use one of your insurers partners, but if you tell them 'I want Skoda to fix it' they have to do that. Ensurance is pointless, unless you're the one running the scheme.

You're right, you can choose where to have it repaired but if you don't use your insurance company's approved repairer then they don't, and 99 times out of 100 they won't give you a courtesy car.

Edited by Gazbull17
  • Like 1

Endurance is an accident management service just like a no win no fee solicitor or motor legal protection service whereby if you're not at fault for the accident they will manage the claim for you and claim from the third party who are to blame.

This way Skoda, or any similar provider can dictate where to get the car serviced, in this case at a Skoda body shop, they'll supply you with a Skoda hire car and claim all the costs back from the third party.

Okay, let me rephrase it. They do nothing that you yourself cannot do. This is because they are only acting as your proxy, for their cut of the money.

About the courtesy car, you said it yourself, the body shop will provide one, just as they would if you went to them direct.

• Like 1

The problem with some Accident Management company's is that they "pass on" your details and the accident details to No-win No-fee insurers. These then plague you to use them to take further action for such as whiplash injuries. The Accident Management company that our insurers dealt with could not even organise a hire car correctly.

We had exactly this problem which continued for three years up to the claim expiry date.

The problem is that anyone or any company passes on your information including your own Broker or the Repairers, 

even the NHS.

Not all are at it, but many are, then there is the worst of the lot, the Comparison Sites, because it is amazing how many 'Claims Companies' get their information from you filling in information on a 'Comparison Site' or more.

But then Insurance Companies can be part of a Business that is a Claims Company, and a Bank or Financial Institution, 

that also owns Vehicle Repairers.

Many people know lots of stuff about you, after all GAP Insurance is also sold by the same Insurance Companies.

• Like 1

Okay, let me rephrase it. They do nothing that you yourself cannot do. This is because they are only acting as your proxy, for their cut of the money.

About the courtesy car, you said it yourself, the body shop will provide one, just as they would if you went to them direct.

Yes they will but your insurance company won't cover it on your insurance as you have no financial interest in it. You will have to pay the excess or a small fee for them to put it on their insurance.

I work for a large insurance company/bank in Support Services and part of my job role is to deal with claims so I have first hand knowledge of how the whole system works. It's against the law now for financial institutions to pass on your details due to data protection laws, it's the ambulance chasers who dig for the info.

Edited by Gazbull17
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just looked at my insurance policy and apparently I have to pay a £200 excess if I use my own repairer after an accident.

I don't remember agreeing to this when I signed up,unless it's in the small print?

Just looked at my insurance policy and apparently I have to pay a £200 excess if I use my own repairer after an accident.

I don't remember agreeing to this when I signed up,unless it's in the small print?

Small print??? That will be the revised conditions that get offered to us every year, they do seem to be not worth reading  as it seems that nothing has changed, but I'd bet a lot has!   When will we get a government or civil service that understands that these and other robbers are not playing fair, while expecting "us" to, surely it is time for a rigid set of rules to exist in lots of commerce to clearly define what an insurance policy is, classify it/them, then let the buyer take their pick of which type they buy, ie class A , class B etc etc, - so that "us" could compare "apples with apples" and not ending up comparing "apples" with "under grown squash" ?? Quite easy and simple, but only the buyer would benefit - so maybe that is a no no? Consider taking the variety of milks available as a model, not hard is it?

Small print??? That will be the revised conditions that get offered to us every year, they do seem to be not worth reading  as it seems that nothing has changed, but I'd bet a lot has!   When will we get a government or civil service that understands that these and other robbers are not playing fair, while expecting "us" to, surely it is time for a rigid set of rules to exist in lots of commerce to clearly define what an insurance policy is, classify it/them, then let the buyer take their pick of which type they buy, ie class A , class B etc etc, - so that "us" could compare "apples with apples" and not ending up comparing "apples" with "under grown squash" ?? Quite easy and simple, but only the buyer would benefit - so maybe that is a no no? Consider taking the variety of milks available as a model, not hard is it?

Haven't we got a choice now where to buy our insurance from, use a comparison site, look at the deals and I bet if you rang the insurance company they would have to tell you their FELBs before you purchase a policy.

Features, exclusions, limitations and benefits have to be stated clearly whether it be over the phone or on a website, you can!t buy a policy until you've ticked the 'read and understood the terms and conditions' button so if you don't read them then that's no fault of the company, it's buyer beware.

FCA regulations dictate that these must be read out to you if purchasing over the phone as well as stated in the policy booklet, I know we tell customers about what happens if you don't use an approved repairer, it's up to you whether you use them or go to an independent repairer but there will be some kind of loss of benefit.

I wasn't bothered where my old car was repaired to be honest,but when I get my new Fabia I would prefer it to be sorted at a Skoda approved workshop and fitted with genuine Skoda parts if I have to make a claim.

I'll be studying insurance quotes more closely in future as I want to be more in control of any possible claims.

Haven't we got a choice now where to buy our insurance from, use a comparison site, look at the deals and I bet if you rang the insurance company they would have to tell you their FELBs before you purchase a policy.

Features, exclusions, limitations and benefits have to be stated clearly whether it be over the phone or on a website, you can!t buy a policy until you've ticked the 'read and understood the terms and conditions' button so if you don't read them then that's no fault of the company, it's buyer beware.

FCA regulations dictate that these must be read out to you if purchasing over the phone as well as stated in the policy booklet, I know we tell customers about what happens if you don't use an approved repairer, it's up to you whether you use them or go to an independent repairer but there will be some kind of loss of benefit.

Sorry, my mistake, unless it is you that is fronting the insurance industry as an honest and "plain English and no flannel" bunch of conmen, as always it is not what is being said in "funny English" but what is being meant and carried through after the contact has been accepted by the buyer, you are implying "buyer beware = you are on your own on this one" . FCA regs, what a laugh, must try better - good bye!

Sorry, my mistake, unless it is you that is fronting the insurance industry as an honest and "plain English and no flannel" bunch of conmen, as always it is not what is being said in "funny English" but what is being meant and carried through after the contact has been accepted by the buyer, you are implying "buyer beware = you are on your own on this one" . FCA regs, what a laugh, must try better - good bye!

You're perfectly entitled to have an opinion, it's a free world and I'm not disregarding what you're saying, I'm trying to explain that most large insurance providers do let you know what you can and can't do before you buy, it's then your choice to take the policy up or not.

• 4 months later...

I was encouraged to ''Phone Ensurance first'' in case of an accident which i did but what a waste of time they did nothing for 24hrs then once I explained the accident which is down to me due to me hitting someone on a roundabout even though they stopped dead for no reason! they said it would be best for me to contact my insurance direct??

I think they are only interested if its a non fault claim so they can milk the system on your behalf.

My advice don't bother just contact your insurance and let them deal with it, better still don't do what i did and not pay attention!